Diana (2013)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

A big yawn from me. Naveen Andrews wasn't bad and I give some credit to Naomi Watts, but sadly there's really not much to a story that should've been so much more compelling. At just under two hours, I really didn't learn that much and I suspect the liberties taken by the writer, still don't know the real Diana. I don't know, I suspected it wouldn't be very good but had hoped for the best but it just didn't deliver despite some good talent in front of and behind the camera.

**½/*****, (C, 5.2/10, 2/4)

Why do films like this get made if they are not going to put any marketing behind it?  Does anyone know anything about this?

I dunno about the GA. But anyone mildly acquainted with the Oscars would know about this. It's been the butt of all jokes on ADF and IMDB and anywhere Oscary this past year. 

"The Queen" was the golden way to make a movie about Diana, as I believe "TQ" was as much about Diana as it was about Elizabeth II.

It did it with class, charm, no voyeurism.

I skipped through this one... it is terrible fanfiction with nothing to offer on Diana's life or even the role she played during her lifetime.

F