baumer

Enough Said (2013)

7 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Starts out familiar but ultimately I became really impressed with the complexity of the story. Even though there was no particular character I could completely sympathize with, the film is an engaging meditation on how the influences of others can form your own perspective. A respectable swan song for James Gandolfini though a little too low-key and easy-going for my tastes.

B+

Edited by tribefan695

A respectable swan song for James Gandolfini though a little too low-key and easy-going for my tastes.

This. It offers some sweet, if slight, perspectives on modern romance in middle age, and the two leads are have good chemistry. Louis-Dreyfuss deserves more roles, and she's great on Veep.

The dinner scene between Louis-Dreyfus and Gandolfini is one of my favorites of the year. Sweet, authentic, funny, and humane. Gandolfini deserves a posthumous BSA nod for his work here. For the past few years he's consistently turned in great overlooked supporting performances (Not Fade Away, Killing Them Softly, Zero Dark Thirty) and I sense that with his trajectory he would've won an Oscar in the next few years. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1