CaptainJackSparrow

Disney is back guys! So lets discuss the future and present!

Best of these Disney films  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best of the last three Disney films

• Tangled
    • Wreck it Ralph
    • Frozen
  2. 2. More musicals or non musicals?

• musicals
    • non musicals

The last three Disney films have all done great at the box office (well, Wreck it Raph underperformed internationally) and the future is looking bright for Disney with such upcoming films such as Big Hero 6 and Zootopia. I want to ask you now, do you guys want more musicals, or more non musical comedies? (like Wreck it Ralph). What film are you currently most excited for in Disney's lineup? I am really excited for Zootopia. Also, which of the past three Disney films is your favorite? Mine is Frozen, I love the characters and songs, as well as the epic last twenty minutes. Anyway, hopefully "Let it Go" wins the Academy Award for best original song!

• Like 2

The last three Disney films have all done great at the box office (well, Wreck it Raph underperformed internationally) and the future is looking bright for Disney with such upcoming films such as Big Hero 6 and Zootopia. I want to ask you now, do you guys want more musicals, or more non musical comedies? (like Wreck it Ralph). What film are you currently most excited for in Disney's lineup? I am really excited for Zootopia. Also, which of the past three Disney films is your favorite? Mine is Frozen, I love the characters and songs, as well as the epic last twenty minutes. Anyway, hopefully "Let it Go" wins the Academy Award for best original song!

I would say the boy-orientated adventure/female-orientated musical flip-flop is working great so just keep with that!!  :)

Pixar and Disney are the same if you ask most :P (Just after TS3 of course people be disappointed with the next tired of this convo as well)

Anyway I'm probably going to see Frozen soon not sure when.

(I still think Dragon is better then TS3 in a way but that's another convo)

(Ralph also depends on who you talk to-older audiences were not into it that much)

Pixar and Disney are the same if you ask most :P (Just after TS3 of course people be disappointed with the next tired of this convo as well)Anyway I'm probably going to see Frozen soon not sure when.(I still think Dragon is better then TS3 in a way but that's another convo)(Ralph also depends on who you talk to-older audiences were not into it that much)

I still think Tangles was better than Toy Story 3. :)

Wreck-It Ralph is my favorite of the last three; however, I still would like them to try out musicals more, since they are really the only animation studio still doing musicals, and both Frozen and Tangled have some future classic songs in them

Wreck It Ralph is my favorite, and given I felt the music was the worst aspect of both Tangled and Frozen (and Frog as well) I vote non-musicals in the future. I'd love to see musicals with the caliber of songs of the 90's ones, but they just can't seem to recapture that so I say move on from it. Looking on wiki I am a bit worried about their upcoming projects after Big Hero 6.

Zootopia, a film based on Jack and the Beanstalk, and "untitled teen space race" film don't exactly sound like the most promising or appealing concepts to me. Jack and the Beanstalk has never worked that well in film, and they've already done it with Mickey in Fun and Fancy Free. Also Puss in Boots was kind of a take on the story as well.

Moana sounds the most intriguing to me of their current projects, but again I would be concerned about the appeal for that. Then again Lilo and Stitch was the highpoint of their success in the 2000-2009 decade, so maybe doing another Polynesian themed film is smart.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

My favorite of the last 3 is Frozen. I liked WiR & Tangled a good amount, but I thought Frozen was way better than both.

I loved the songs in most Disney movies, so if I had to choose, I would go for more musicals. However, I think having a mix of both works best.

Loved Tangled Kkong buddy(KK is Tarzan by the way gang:)) For those that dont know that already)

I havent seen frozen or wreck it ralph, but will see frozen soon in theaters. I stil lwant the hand drawn era to return....I think its time.. Too much CGI, animation has lost some of its heart I think. Especially the Disney Brand.

None of these films can compete with the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin eras of Disney..

Although I loved the Incredibles and I still need to see TS 3.. Also FInding Nemo rocked as well

• Like 1

Pixar and Disney are the same if you ask most :P (Just after TS3 of course people be disappointed with the next tired of this convo as well)

Anyway I'm probably going to see Frozen soon not sure when.

(I still think Dragon is better then TS3 in a way but that's another convo)

(Ralph also depends on who you talk to-older audiences were not into it that much)

Heh heh  helllooooooo Impact compadreeee.. How are you bud!! Happy belated Turkey Day week my friend.. How you rate frozen vs Tangled.. Tangled was pretty good but didnt have that magical story and immersive music of the better Disney animated films.

Dragon is definitely better than Tangled...If you mean how to train a dragon..WHo made that one?

Heh heh helllooooooo Impact compadreeee.. How are you bud!! Happy belated Turkey Day week my friend.. How you rate frozen vs Tangled.. Tangled was pretty good but didnt have that magical story and immersive music of the better Disney animated films.Dragon is definitely better than Tangled...If you mean how to train a dragon..WHo made that one?

Dreamworks made How to Train Your Dragon. :)
  • Like 2

^^ Thanks Gingy :). Hah hah Chesire :)... Im still holding onto the hope that someone at Disney sees we need the hand drawn era back again but with grand stories like 90s mega classics... I doubt there were any Disney Live action or animated better than TLK , Aladdin of any era. Though 20,000 leagues, Jungle Book, Pinocchio, Mary Poppins are in the league with 90s quality of films :)

• Like 1

I loved all three of those, likely very close to the same, but there's just something special about Tangled to me.. and Musicals all the way.. I liked to see them do another Musical where the main character is a guy.. when did they do that last.. Lion King?? 

• Like 1