Punishment

Weekend Actuals 11/29-12/1 CF $74.2m Frz $67.4m

Yeah, and I personally think unexpected breakouts are more fun to follow than obvious huge films.

Well it kinda depends. The huge openers than manage to sprout legs are pretty fun. One-weekend wonders are pretty dull though

I said solid blockbuster, and it's not Spidey 2, it's more like Spidey 5 w/ a franchise desperate to continue pumping $$$ out of its base.

Well, I'd rather have interesting, original movies than blockbuster sequels, so I'm good with next year. :)

Edited by The Stingray

Well it kinda depends. The huge openers than manage to sprout legs are pretty fun. One-weekend wonders are pretty dull though

Which is why Catching Fire's run is so remarkable.  B) A sequel making roughly the same OW and 16m more in its second weekend?

• Like 3

Which is why Catching Fire's run is so remarkable.  B) A sequel making roughly the same OW and 16m more in its second weekend?

Well to be fair, THG didn't have a holiday weekend in its 2nd weekend.

• Like 5

Still, it could have went the way of HP or Twilight and dropped really hard, but it didn't.  It should have a stronger overall multiplier than THG.

I'm just saying. THG didn't have a holiday it's second week. So comparing second weekends aren't really relevant.

Sure it could have went the way of Potter or Twilight if that's what you want to believe. But then you didn't compare it to those movies.

• Like 2