Plain Old Tele

A Christmas Carol (2009)

A Christmas Carol (2009)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

What a terrible movie. At first, only the animation was bothering me - quite a lot, honestly. It looked horrible. But then, the first spirit came (the one that looked like a candle or whatever) and when he started doing that dance I just had enough. Voice acting was pretty bad for Scrooge, even if it was Carrey who was doing it. It was so unfitting that a second couldn't go by without asking myself why they picked Carrey for an old man's voice. They tried something, but failed miserably. Based on the things I saw, I'd rate it a C- or D+ at its best.

• Like 2

Far from the best adaptations of Scrooge, but it's still good. Old London has never looked better.3/4

That I give it. Everything that wasn't moving looked very good. What's the best adaptation of Scrooge in your opinion? 

Far from the best adaptations of Scrooge, but it's still good. Old London has never looked better.3/4

Totally agree. We watched this on Christmas Eve and the visuals are great.  Carrey is an excellent Scrooge. Not groundbreaking stuff but a very good Christmas movie.

B+

• Like 1

On the good side, Carrey is great, visuals looks great (well, except the characters themselves) and Zemmicks sure knows how to masterfully conduct a scene, the slow-pace is a breath fresh air in the medium, it never gets boring despite all problems.

On the bad side, it's simplistic, heavy-Handed and preachy. Some long sequences were meant to be enjoyed only in 3D. In 2D, they have no purpose. The final 15 minutes are quite horrible.  

50/100

From 1:10 to 2:25, one of the best things Silvestri wrote in the last few years. 

Is this the first time they show a dead body so explicitly in an animated film?
Edited by Goffe