SchumacherFTW

Fan Edits

Given that Tele has been working on an edit for The Hobbit: an Unexpected Journey, and The Panda has said he's working on one for Star Wars, it's gotten me thinking. Are there any Fan Edits which improve in any way on their original films, and what films could be improved with a bit of careful editing?

My AUJ is more of a thought experiment than anything else.

Edited by Telemachos

Given that Tele has been working on an edit for The Hobbit: an Unexpected Journey, and The Panda has said he's working on one for Star Wars, it's gotten me thinking. Are there any Fan Edits which improve in any way on their original films, and what films could be improved with a bit of careful editing?

The Hobbit could definitely be improved, and I think Star Wars could be benefited if the prequels were compressed into flashbacks.  (Because they do help add depth to the story if you can get past the corny acting, bad dialogue, and cheesy CGI, plus the entire Phantom Menace plotline)

There are probably some long 3 hour movies I can't think of right now that could benefit from one, or movies with out of place scenes that don't belong. (Like literally, I could made Identity Thief a decent comedy with a good fan edit, but it's just not worth the time to do so.)

Edited by The Panda