Talia Shire- The Godfather Part II

Octavia Spencer- The Help

Meryl Streep- Kramer vs. Kramer

Uma Thurman- Pulp Fiction

To be added on and continued....

FYC:

Garrett Hedlund in On the Road

Posted Image

This is the absolute best performance post 2000 that I have ever seen. And coming from someone who worships Meryl and thought for the longest time ever that Isabelle Huppert in La Pianste is the pinnacle of Thespic achievement, this is huge. There's something amazingly electric about his Dean Moriarty and although the movie was blergh, his performance was timeless.

He ranks higher than almost all of my actresses, except maybe the 2 80s Meryls and Hepburn. And that is a big maybe. (It's also now after a few viewings slightly above Helen Mirren's the Queen, Emmanuelle Riva's Anne, and Isabelle Huppert's Anne).

And his performance is like booze. It gets better everytime you watch it.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if we might get more participation if we hold off on this until the Oscars is over.  All the Oscar talk and other threads going on may make this a bit harder at the moment.

Also, do you guys think it would be easier if we did one category at a time for 3 days to a week and moved on to the next.  The massive lists may be a bit too overwhelming to do at once?  Let me know if anyone has ideas.  Thanks

• Like 1

just keep it open until you have enough lists.

will update later Best Motion Picture2001: a space odyssey (1968)koyaanisqatsi (1982)melancholia (2011)dancer in the dark (2000)a clockwork orange (1971)mulholland drive (2001)come and see (1985)eraserhead (1977)sátántangó (1994)persona (1966) Best Lead Actordavid thewlis (naked) Best Lead Actressbjörk (dancer in the dark)emily watson (breaking the waves)gena rowlands (a woman under the influence) Best Supporting ActorBest Supporting ActressBest Directorlars von trierstanley kubrickingmar bergmandavid lynchwerner herzogakira kurosawaterrence malickabbas kiarostamiethan & joel coenjean-luc godard Best Original ScreenplayBest Adapted ScreenplayBest Animated Featureakira (1988)mary & max (2009)south park: bigger, longer, and uncut (1999)fantastic mr fox (2009)coraline (2009)ghost in the shell (1995)persepolis (2007)princess mononoke (1997)wall-e (2008) Best Foreign Language Filmcome and see (1985)sátántangó (1994)persona (1966)aguirre: the wrath of god (1972)dogtooth (2009)ran (1985)cries and whispers (1972)close-up (1990)dreams (1990)the idiots (1998) Best Achievement in CinematographyBest Achievement in EditingBest Achievement in Production DesignBest Achievement in Costume DesignBest Achievement in Makeup/HairstylingBest Original ScoreBest Original SongBest Achievement in Sound MixingBest Achievement in Sound EditingBest Achievement in Visual EffectsBest Documentarykoyaanisqatsi (1982)the thin blue line (1988)shoah (1985)the act of killing (2013)i'm still here (2010) [tthis does count]the man with a movie camera (1929)f for fake (1973)five dedicated to ozu (2003)the five obstructions (2003)gates of heaven (1978) Best Documentary Short Subjectnight and fog (1955)my dad is 100 years old (2005)la soufrière - warten auf eine unausweichliche katastrophe (1977)

powers of ten (1977)

the flying doctors of east africa (1969)

Best Animated Short Film

dimensions of dialogue (1982)

pas de deux (1968)

cat soup (2001)

beyond dull care (1949)

outer space (2000)

Best Live Action Short Film

la jetée (1962)

the life and death of 9413, a hollywood extra (1928)

night and fog (1955)

my dad is 100 years old (2005)la soufrière - warten auf eine unausweichliche katastrophe (1977)

suzanne's career (1963)

thriller (1983)

the perfect human (1967)
je vous salue, sarajevo (1993)
the starfish (1928)