• The Big Lebowski
    • The Godfather
    • The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
    • The Graduate
    • The Matrix
    • Total Recall (1990)
    • Vertigo
    • West Side Story

I wouldn't say "classic", but clearly they're targeting a number of popular mid-90s movies. Their screening choices are pretty wide-ranging.

The majority of the films on that list are considered to be classics though.

Con Air must be one of those films where they went like "we need a really stupid movie that's considered to be a classic by some, to give this list a little more variety", and thus Con Air entered the picture.

Same with Bad Boys.

Edited by Fancyarcher

LOA seemed a little too obvious so I went the Good the Bad and the Ugly. Then I picked Singing in the Rain, I mean the greatest movie musical should be seen on the big screen. And do I need to even mention my third choice.

Hurm, I'm sorry, I don't know how to fix that. Give a "reject" vote to a film on the other poll?

I just picked three from each. But really it's the latter three that matter: T2, Good Bad and Ugly, and Matrix. (So ignore Ben-Hur, Blazing Saddles, and Eternal Sunshine, I suppose.)

• Like 1

From what I remember, the bank shootout in HEAT is just jaw-dropping (and ear-shattering) on the big screen. Man, that was awesome.

Its because the sounds from the gunfire are real and are echoing off the skyscrapers, none of the gunfire sounds you are hearing are artificial or added in post production.  This featurette of that scene is awesome if you haven't seen it.

Its because the sounds from the gunfire are real and are echoing off the skyscrapers, none of the gunfire sounds you are hearing are artificial or added in post production.  This featurette of that scene is awesome if you haven't seen it. 

I haven't seen that featurette, but I knew about the guns. Mann is also a guy who cares about what caliber of gunshots you're hearing, so his sound mixes are great and unique even if they're adding sfx audio. But yeah, the great thing about the bank shoutout is how real it feels.

I'm on my phone version can't edit ugh I picked godfather because I'm jealous of everyone who saw this on a big screen Clockwork just as much jealous had I been in a theater I would walk out dazed and confused as I was seeing it on tv late at night , and wondering wtf did I just witnessed And roman holiday I love black and white films from back then the acting the films themselves everything felt different I use to love watching turner classic movies when I had cable Movie stars meant something as opposed to just celebrities today