Dark Jedi Master 007

The Classic Movie Club: First Film-ROSEMARY'S BABY (1968)

Ok. So, the consensus seems to be built around focusing on specific time periods.I think that's cool. I'm going to do it by starting out at the 60's and branching off. That would appeal to anyone who wants newer films, but also those who want to see movies from the earliest portion of cinema. In other words, it strikes a good balance.For now, I'll assign everyone a decade because it makes organization easier, but I might end up allowing for an amendment to this part.I'm going to type out a list of guidelines sometime from now till Wednesday night (I'm pretty busy). And we should be ready to start on Friday of this weekend.Does anyone have any objections to any of this? 

Schedule is As Follows (Tentatively)

Date: User Who Is Choosing (Which Decade User Must Choose Film From)

March 28th (or 29th, since he found out on short notice): DAR  (1960’s)
April 4th
: mahnamahna (1960’s)
April 11th
: Frozen Iceroll (1960’s)
April 18th
: Divergent Films (1950’s)
April 25th
: VCC (1950’s)
May 2nd
: Spottswoode (1950’s)
May 9th
: baumer (1970’s)
May 16th
: Telemachos (1970’s)
May 23rd
: Andy LL (1970’s)
May 30th
: Coolio D1 (1940’s)
June 6th
: Sherriff Woody (1940’s)
June 13th
: Sixteen16 (1940’s)
June 20th
: The Panda (1980’s)
June 27th
: redfirebird2008 (1980’s)
July 4th
(or 5th, since it’s a holiday): Fancyarcher (1980’s)
July 11th
: DJM (1930’s)

Afterwards, we’ll see where we go.

If you don’t like the time period assigned to you or the date, you may switch with someone. PM me first before you switch.

The first post has been updated with the guidelines.Anything in bold should be read. Anything in regular fond is important, but also self-explanatory, imo. 

I feel the excessive use of exclamation points intrudes on my sense of fun.

(kidding, nice write up!)

• Like 1

Well everyone I have been given the honor of selecting our first film.  My choice is a war film.   It takes place during World War II and up until that time, most war films showed our soldiers as loyal and respectful to their elders.  This film said authority be damned and it caught on with a younger generation just starting to get restless about what was going on in the 60's.  Yet it had enough action and fun that older audiences could come to the film as a good time at the movies.    It's a film that was likely an influence on Tarantino when he did Inglorious Basterds.    From 1967 I am pleased to present:

• Like 5