JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Oz has 15 sessions at my local - it's been a long time since we've had a film with that many sessions in one day - we didn't even make that much room for filthy hobitses (but I guess capacity was an issue for TH, even then we only had 8 or so sessions)And I see we/I because my local is my old work, and it's just easier to write it that way.

yeah true... I think this film could play very well for families... 

I took my daughters to see this film today and they loved it!  couple of scary moments for my younger girl but a big thumbs up from the target audience.....

Personally I thought it was a very enjoyable film..... Captured the elements from the original film which this is loosely linked too (yeah ok i know there is a lot more out there on oz but still)  Frankly it was well above expectations... (better than alice was which is a good sign...) - i think an opening around 5m or even 6m is possible and wom should be strong... session i went to was about 80% full on a sunday afternoon (@ chermside vmax)

FYI - I saw the film in 2D because my younger daughter doesn't deal with 3d very well yet.... 

2D version of the film - i give a A- and yes i want to see it again but in 3D :P (anyone else say whether its worth seeing in 3D ?)

I would be surprised if it really disappoints here because I consider The Wizard of Oz to be just as entrenched in our culture as it is in America. Surely, the majority of Australians have seen the film or are at least familiar with the central characters and iconic images of the film.

Edited by pieman