JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

I'll put this in here as well.

OK, first up Sydney IMAX @ 12:01 Wednesday 4 July-TASM is now up to 31 tickets sold.(TDKR midnights are sold out)Now, TASM opens 2 days earlier in Queensland so here is a big theatre, Event Cinemas Chermside, in Brisbane and a regional theatre, Event Townsville-ChermsideTASM:VMAX 3D- 38 tickets soldGOLD Class 3D- 17 out of 40 seatsTDKR:VMAX- about 180 tickets soldStandard- 44 tickets soldGOLD Class- 35 out of 40 seatsGOLD Class- 9 out of 40 seatsTownsvilleTASM:VMAX 3D- 28 tickets sold (only 1 session)TDKR:VMAX- 38 tickets sold (only 1 session)So in Brisbane TDKR has sold about 270 tickets over 4 screenings vs TASM's roughly 55 over 2 screenings(there are no 2D midnights). It's a bit closer in Townsville. TASM's midnights in Queensland are for 12:01am Monday 2nd July. Also, there isn't a proper IMAX in Brisbane.

Saw Ted tonight, it was absolutely packed, was a bit disappointed by the film though.My prediction is 6.0m OW

It's only in advanced screenings this weekend... Unless you mean this weekend + next weekend = $6.0m.And if not, that's way too big for it, IMHO.

IA4 in Oz:

Australia: Release date: Thursday, Jun-28 (Staggered Holidays: 23rd June - 15h July).

#1 in the market.

Thurs: AUS$ 920K, (USD $920K) and CUME of AUD $2.3M, (USD$2.3M), including Queensland previews.

It is school holiday season only in Queensland (22%) of market, and the major markets of NSW and Victoria commence school holidays this evening. From the weekend we will have active holidays in 90% of the Australian market.

Opening day performance is: 341% of ICE AGE; 137% of ICE AGE 2; 90% of ICE AGE 3 (50% of market in holidays); 157% of KUNG FU PANDA 2; 193% of SHREK FOREVER AFTER

Performance in the market is also excellent and our business yesterday represented a massive 276% of BRAVE which opened last week.

I saw SWATH yesterday evening and the theatre was just full of people. It's possibly going to end up as the biggest weekend of the year so far.

I saw it on Friday night and there were only about 15-20 people there, although alot of it's audience were seeing Ted. It sold out showings which basically never happens unless it's a midnight show of a blockbuster.

My theatre was busier then I've ever seen it, especially for a sunday afternoon. The internet only queue had over 50 people in it and there were over 100 in the regular queue. Ted was sold out and they've added extra sessions. Interesting to see how it will go since it was only advance screenings over Fri-Sun. IA4 should win the weekend.

Just got back from an 8.20 session of Ted which was sold out in both of the cinemas it was playing in for the timeslot!Really enjoyed the movie, as I could tell most others did.It was basically full at all of my works sessions as well.

From SD:

Universal Pictures International previewed this weekend’s record breaking number one North American release Ted in Australia and reported an excellent $2.8m ahead of the official Jul 5 launch. The R-rated comedy will arrive across the world in the coming months.

That's a massive number considering it was only Fri-Sun and most theatres only had it on 1 screen. What was the average like?

From Deadline:

http://www.deadline....s-in-australia/

But studios sources tell me that during just three days of previews in Australia its Seth MacFarlane-Mark Wahlberg comedy grossed an estimated $4.485 million at 199 locations (with only 2 day and 2 evening sessions at best).

THAT IS FUCKING HUGE!!!