JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Ted being huge again, according to Nikki its just over $4 for thursday-friday.. So easily going to hit $8m!

yeah i know.... i'm thinking 8.5m at least at the moment with 9m a good chance also ..... 10m is probably a stretch unless it jumps massively on sat (which isn't out of the question but the holiday factor might be in play :P )

Theatres seem to have 1or 2 more TASM sessions then Ted sessions. If it was the other way around Ted could have had a shot at $10m. Still, over $8m is fantastic.Consider this if you will. Bridemaids had a similar style opening last year with a preview weekend and then the main release although both figures were half of Ted's totals.From its total after the first proper weekend of $6.4m it had a muliplier of 4.25 to finish at $27.2m.$13m x 4.25 for Ted gives us $55.25m. Somehow I don't think so.Still,$13m x 3 gives us $39m. Does Ted have a shot at $40m. I'm saying YES. Ted over $40m.

Edited by DeeCee

yeah i know.... i'm thinking 8.5m at least at the moment with 9m a good chance also ..... 10m is probably a stretch unless it jumps massively on sat (which isn't out of the question but the holiday factor might be in play :P )

8.2-8.5m to hit 9 Sunday would almost have to be same as Sat(not that it hasn't happened before but not often) it'll be the biggest opening ever for Uni studios

Thanks. Again, WOW. It'll be interesting to see what the legs will be like. Comedies like this tend to have pretty good legs in Australia. Will TASM be around $5m and take 2nd or 3rd?

Even The Hangover 2, a SEQUEL got almost a 3x multi.Using PR + actual opening, that would be around $40m :SNow coming back down to earth, a 3X multi from this OW + PR would be around $30m.So it seems $30-40m is the range, with a likelihood of it ending closer to $40m as it ain't a sequel and it's getting crazy WOM!!Wtf are we witnessing.

Ok so based on that. We gotThurs - 1.9mFri - 2mSat - 2.6mSun - ???Even with a big Sunday dip (and I'm hearing it's still nearly selling out in places today so it could be closer to sat ) 8.5m should happen. From here. Hangover 2 (average sequel legs) legs we get to 29.8m. Don't even look at bridesmaids and hangover legs (good WOM which this is getting plus given its not a kids film the holiday shouldn't impact it as much. ). 40m well and truly in play. I'm going with 36m for now but if legs do show. Well.....

Man how man wtf moments are we witnessing this year. The avengers and now this. ( u do realize this is like an 85m in the US.

Just like $40m would be a $400m comedy in NA!!The Hobbit .... we shall see if we get another "wtf moment"

Just like $40m would be a $400m comedy in NA!!The Hobbit .... we shall see if we get another "wtf moment"

10m OD (on boxing day possible ??) :D;) - not sure if the market could handle that size Opening day yet..... Now that would be a WTF moment.......(real shame boxing day is on a wednesday as otherwise i would say the hobbit has a good chance of knocking off the opening weekend record held down by Harry :P though harry beat the record with a wednesday opening :) )next year is the killer though.. boxing day on a thursday, the final hobbit and possibly final in ever in middle earth.... mark my words, lots of records will tumble then assuming the first hobbit film lives up to the hype!

Sony will learn a valuable lesson about how much damage a poor release date can do to a film. They should have released TASM nationwide on Thursday June 28. The following would have been highly likely with that date-28/6-1/7: $6-7m2/7-4/7: $3-3.5m5/7-8/7: $4-5mCould have been at about $13-15.5m rather then it's current $7.2m. Also consider that it would have been unlikely for Ted to have had the preview weekend.

Yep - great to hear.I was at Parramatta on Friday and it was absolutely PACKED!Cinemas will be happy to cash in on school holidays.And as Ted isn't a film that would overly thrive on school holidays, it (hopefully) shouldn't drop like a rock in two weekends time!!