JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

I've never seen any LOTR - will I need to before watching The Hobbit?

I'm definitely going to watch it in 48fps

You've never seen LOTR :blink: , Hobbit is set well before it and no Fing idea how they make 3 movies out of it.48fps well its new , but from what I'm told by people who have more production knowledge then me and along with those I know that did actually see the hobbit fotage at 48fps is it make a movie set look like a movie set(ie tell its fake) a sporting event at 48fps would look really good, a film in 3D with lot of green screen or an animated film probably, a movie set with no or little green screen etc will look like a movie set.anyway i think the jury is still way out on the 48fps thing (and Cameron has said he intends to shoot next Avatars at 60 fps ) but a lot atm aren't warming to it at all, so guess we will see. Edited by Rth

Is it likely that all 3D sessions will be in 48fps?

On both Event and Hoyts' fb pages, people have been questioning which sites will be showing 48fps.Event has a list on their website, not too sure about Hoyts (they're shit at practically everything)