JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

It seems to be a worldwide trend. Really I don't think THG even got close to maxing out its potential.Just amazing!

OS there was definitely room for improvement, but I think whats surprising everyone most is, like you said, worldwide its increasing.

well after this weekend that makes 12 films that opened in 2013 that have passed 20m (13 films if you include 2012 carryover)

I've also been doing some comparisons, which i will post up later for Catching Fire... some very interesting results here..

given the hold we've just seen i've got it's base at 35m now.  the stretch is around 41m but it will take a strong run to get there.

My current projections have catching fire finishing between 37m and 39m.

To get these comparisons, i chose New Moon; BD Part II; Goblet of Fire; Death Hallows I; and the hunger games.

both BD part 1 & THG have already fallen behind.

goblet of fire clearly shows the film making past 35m at the moment.  CF had a bigger second weekend and it's cume is already 2.4m ahead.  though goblet has christmas nearly a week and half earlier.

however, CF still has ground to make if it wants to reach new moon (38.7m) or DH Part 1. (42.3m)  current CF trails both films after the 2nd weekend by around 3m, but interestingly, CF outgrossed both films on their second weekend even though their openings were well ahead initially.  good signs for a 37m+ finish i think and an outside shot at 40m (and #1 for 2013)

on the race for #1, CF's 2nd weekend did outgross the 2nd weekend of Iron Man 3 by nearly 600k but it also trails that film by nearly 5m so it's not going to be easy.

- jajang

Edited by Jajang
  • Like 1