JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

I think Frozen is going to break out massively. I'm rooting for 35m :P

Let's see the opening before we get that excited. But that's not impossible to believe. While I doubt it happening, could frozen out open or out gross the hobbit 2 here. Crazy to think it but it's not so far fetched as would have u believe. AND NO I DO NOT THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN! Edited by Jajang

$2.5m-$3m I think.. $1.5m-$2m Frozen previews potentially?

yep, i think that sounds about right for frozen (I've pegged down 2m for it frankly as it appears to be a fairly wide preview of the film.)

As for anchorman 2, I'm not seeing the love for it... i think the promotion will get it to above 2m... but 3m is still a stretch i feel.  (that would more than the first film made in the entire run if it opened to 3m.....

I think it's been there 2 weeks longer then any other film this year! 

The longest runs in the top 20 in 2013 are:

Despicable Me 2 ~ 12 weeks (of note it managed 11 of those weeks in the top 10 so Gravity equals that film this week)

Life of Pi ~ 12 weeks (it lasted 7 weeks in the top 10 ;) )

The croods, The great Gatsby, Turbo and Planes all managed 11 weeks in the top 20.

Gravity is @ 11 weeks.. if it survives for 2 more weeks then it will be the longest in the top 20 this year... however, it's likely to disappear come christmas day i think, so it might equal DM2 for that record in 2013.

• Like 2