JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

I had thought for australia around the 12m for 5 days (about 3m first day) and just over 30m total.Currently blowing that out of the water. will be interesting how sat and sun play out now, but i think a 5 day total of 18m to 20m is realistic right now.10.5 so far.....Sat of say around 4.5msun of say around 4m are not unrealistic here - thats 19m..... (I guess it could go lower say around 17m but we shall see where this ends up... as for total 40m+ looks likely from here but i do note it is not locked given the timing of the release but with the lack of big releases for over a month now after it, watch for some good holds (against the normal 4 day that is - remember it's biggest day was outside the normal weekend)

quick prediction:Weekend / Weekly totalWeek 0: 0m / 6m* (Wednesday only) / 6mWeek 1: 11.5m / 15.5m / 21.5mWeek 2: 6m / 8.5m / 30.0mWeek 3: 3.6m / 4.8m / 34.8mWeek 4: 2.3m / 3.1m / 37.9mWeek 5: 1.5m / 2.1m / 40.0mWeek 6: 0.8m / 1.3m / 41.3mThat run would be around 44m - 46m finish.am i too optimistic .. ???

quick prediction:Weekend / Weekly totalWeek 0: 0m / 6m* (Wednesday only) / 6mWeek 1: 11.5m / 15.5m / 21.5mWeek 2: 6m / 8.5m / 30.0mWeek 3: 3.6m / 4.8m / 34.8mWeek 4: 2.3m / 3.1m / 37.9mWeek 5: 1.5m / 2.1m / 40.0mWeek 6: 0.8m / 1.3m / 41.3mThat run would be around 44m - 46m finish.am i too optimistic .. ???

Personally I think it's a bit too optimistic, especially with the Mon-Wed of the opening week

I don't have access to admissions data from before I started, but from the last 5 years, The Avengers has the Highest single day record at my work.It's a very strange Top 3 - none of the expected are in there.1. The Avengers2. Fast and Furious 53. The Karate Kid

Karate Kid? :mellow:I can understand FF.

It went off. We were selling out our second biggest cinema ( Toy Story 3 had the biggest) hours, heck, days in advance at some points.I really don't get it either. All of those films are very close in admissions numbers. Edited by Robertron

Yeah. U might be right. But I think I've undercut the 4 day weekend (by rth's comments.)Week 1: 13.5m / 16.3m / 22.3mGive or take a million. Either way by end of the 2nd week 30m is gone. (null)

Was anyone expecting anything more then around the $10m mark? I wasn't.

For the normal 4-day opening I had it pegged around 10m. For the 5 days i thought around 12 or 13m.This has blown that out of the water and I thought i was optimistic on it. ;)I mean look at the history of all the lead in films:Iron Man: 6.2m (#1) / 19.98mThe Incredible Hulk: 2.0m (#3) / 4.78mIron Man 2: 9.5m (#1) / 25.8mThor: 5.4m (#2) / 19mCaptain America: 4.6m (#1) / 10.5m-- COMPARED TO --The Avengers (Projected): 13m+ (#1) / 19m+ / 45m+If you consider the above, this really shows how amazing The Avengers opening is here. By the end of it's first week at the box office The Avengers should already the 2nd highest film amongst this group. It will surpasse IM2 by the end of it's 2nd weekend. Comic Book films just aren't that strong here in Australia. (All figures are AUD) Hell, The Avengers opening Day was bigger than all but the Iron Man films.Just simply amazing... it's not often you can associate a film that was expected to do well as a "Breakout" film also.
  • Like 1