Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' BREAKS opening-weekend record for Hollywood films

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Seems pretty good to me. Tomorrow should see a dip due to christmas eve, but the 25th and especially 26th should be hella strong.

I am not much familiar with Italy boxoffice but isn't 25th also going to be affected partially ? Or what is just something specific to last Last year ? NWH did €868K on 23rd, €284K on 24th, €568K on 25th and €1.2M on 26th.

2 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

I am not much familiar with Italy boxoffice but isn't 25th also going to be affected partially ? Or what is just something specific to last Last year ? NWH did €868K on 23rd, €284K on 24th, €568K on 25th and €1.2M on 26th.

Christmas day is good in general. Last year was just affected by restrictions and honestly covid fear probably (most people didn't really want to end up spending the entire holidays quarantined). As far as I remember, govt had theaters among things close early that day to limit traffic and that probably influenced the general mindset too.

Unless covid has permanently damaged christmas for some reason, I see no reason to believe the 25th won't be a strong day.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

I had the terrible idea of reading an article by mymovies (an Italian site about movies etc.) about the box office of yesterday and they made two pretty bad predictions, one worse than the other

The first was that Avatar is doing very well and could possibly reach 25M euros, the second was about Usa where Wakanda Forever is still making decent numbers and should end up at 450M (but it's currently at 420M after 6 weeks). Which is the less absurd of the two?

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MG10 said:

I had the terrible idea of reading an article by mymovies (an Italian site about movies etc.) about the box office of yesterday and they made two pretty bad predictions, one worse than the other

The first was that Avatar is doing very well and could possibly reach 25M euros, the second was about Usa where Wakanda Forever is still making decent numbers and should end up at 450M (but it's currently at 420M after 6 weekends). Which is the less absurd of the two?

Avatar doing 15m in just 10 days and 25m overall?This perdiction must think Avatar is AEG 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MG10 said:

The first was that Avatar is doing very well and could possibly reach 25M euros, the second was about Usa where Wakanda Forever is still making decent numbers and should end up at 450M (but it's currently at 420M after 6 weekends). Which is the less absurd of the two?

First one 😂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MG10 said:

WF making 450M is atleast somewhat plausible if it holds well over the holidays - A2 ending at "maybe" 25M is nonsensical the way it's trending, it will obviously crush that mark

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

So I went back in thread seeing Rogue One dailies. If A2 follows RO from this point, it will reach 32M by 8th Jan, from there should be able to reach 37M if it follow NWH late legs. 

Though it should be able to do better than Rogue One, probably 34-35M by 8th and 40M+ final

Edited by charlie Jatinder

9 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Merry Christmasssss! Happy Holidays!!

best wishes to you too

really good to me

1 AVATAR - LA VIA DELL'ACQUA (AVATAR - THE WAY OF WATER) 14/12/2022 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 605.328 64.797 € 15.156.717 1.734.752
Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 7
  • Astonished 1

600k on christmas eve is pretty exceptional - in fact the best christmas eve number since atleast the 2010s as far as I can think of (avatar was a january release here, though, so perhaps even beyond that)

tfa did 366k, nwh 284k, ros 298k for a few comps

will be huge over the holidays IMO

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

that looks like a good hold on Saturday....considering Boxing Day is a strong day for Italian Boxoffice, can we expect €3M combined for Sunday + Monday ?

going out on a whim on this one but if it's doing 600k on christmas eve it should be pushing >4M on christmas+boxing day imho

hell, 3M is what TFA did there with a much worse christmas eve hold

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, upriser7 said:

that looks like a good hold on Saturday....considering Boxing Day is a strong day for Italian Boxoffice, can we expect €3M combined for Sunday + Monday ?

Boxing what? Here the only sports we follow are football, tennis and car/motorcycle racing... 

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Boxing day is the hoilday after christmas

Yeah it was just a joke, because while it's called Boxing Day in UK, Canada and Australia in all of Europe is called "Day of Saint Stephen" or something like that