Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' BREAKS opening-weekend record for Hollywood films

8 hours ago, LPLC said:

Is MJ very popular like every where in the world but in Asia and in big countries like russia / India / SK / Japan and ofc China ?

I heard that he was really popular in Japan but surely not as popular as In Europe and France 

Yeah of course,he is a real legend,MJ popularity in China just as much as he did in everywhere,I heard someone say he is even famous in the place without TV ,his name is inconic,I would say is the real world “Superman”

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

Yesterday Avatar reappared in the top 10, and I noticed that it finally passed the 5M tickets sold! 

Between the first Avatar in 2009, which has 7.9M admissions, and the second in 2022 the only other movies that passed this mark were:

- Benvenuti al Sud by Claudio Bisio, but some sources say 4.9M

- 4 movies by Checco Zalone: Che Bella Giornata, Sole a Catinelle, Quo Vado (this one with 9.4M) and Tolo Tolo

- The Lion King in 2019

Edited by MG10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MG10 said:

Yesterday Avatar reappared in the top 10, and I noticed that it finally passed the 5M tickets sold! 

Between the first Avatar in 2009, which has 7.9M admissions, and the second in 2022 the only other movies that passed this mark were:

- Benvenuti al Sud by Claudio Bisio, but some sources say 4.9M

- 4 movies by Checco Zalone: Che Bella Giornata, Sole a Catinelle, Quo Vado (this one with 9.4M) and Tolo Tolo

- The Lion King in 2019

TLK was a really huge success in Italy, do you think Avatar can surpass €45M (the last milestone) and do you think with the re-release Titanic could surpass Solo a Catinelle (in lc ofc) ?

19 hours ago, LPLC said:

TLK was a really huge success in Italy, do you think Avatar can surpass €45M (the last milestone) and do you think with the re-release Titanic could surpass Solo a Catinelle (in lc ofc) ?

Avatar drops in the last couple of weeks have been pretty bad and I don't think it will manage it, but x4.5 legs is already incredible for a country like Italy (especially since it came out on a wednesday and this inflated the opening but worsened the legs) 

For Titanic we'll have to see but after the bad result on Valentine Day (I guess couples preferred to watch it on streaming or illegally downloaded) we'll have to wait a bit more. And I don't even know how long it will stay in theaters, if it has another week then I think it will do it

Edited by MG10

Titles - SUN / Total

#1. Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania - €715,197 / €3,031,740

#3. A Man Called Otto - €176,266 / €432,607

#4. The Banshees Of Inisherin - €103,334 / €1,685,029

#5. Titanic: 25th Anniversary - €100,974 / €1,459,958 

#7. Tár - €55,368 / €424,083

#8. Magic Mike's Last Dance - €48,238 / €625,943

#10. Avatar: The Way Of Water - €41,925 / €44,394,074 (5,012,280 admits)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Titles - SUN / Total

#1. Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania - €715,197 / €3,031,740

#3. A Man Called Otto - €176,266 / €432,607

#4. The Banshees Of Inisherin - €103,334 / €1,685,029

#5. Titanic: 25th Anniversary - €100,974 / €1,459,958 

#7. Tár - €55,368 / €424,083

#8. Magic Mike's Last Dance - €48,238 / €625,943

#10. Avatar: The Way Of Water - €41,925 / €44,394,074 (5,012,280 admits)

Ant Man should be able to outgross the previous two movies and maybe reach 6M euros , still not such a good result all considered 

While Avatar grossed only 160k during all the week so unfortunately it's almost done, I wanted it to pass Tolo Tolo at 46M...

3 hours ago, MG10 said:

Ant Man should be able to outgross the previous two movies and maybe reach 6M euros , still not such a good result all considered 

While Avatar grossed only 160k during all the week so unfortunately it's almost done, I wanted it to pass Tolo Tolo at 46M...

A2 should finish its run with 5,05M admits and €44,6M

Edited by LPLC

Some updates after the week:

- Ant Man won its second weekend with a -53% and the total is now 4.8M euros

- Titanic is tenth with 160k, in the official all-time chart is now at 51.8M while Sole a Catinelle at 51.9M...

- Avatar is outside the top 10 of the weekend/week for the first time after 2 months and half, the total is now 44.5M euros

Edited by MG10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MG10 said:

Some updates after the week:

- Ant Man won its second weekend with a -53% and the total is now 4.8M euros

- Titanic is tenth with 160k, in the official all-time chart is now at 51.8M while Sole a Catinelle at 51.9M...

- Avatar is outside the top 10 of the weekend/week for the first time after 2 months and half, the total is now 44.5M euros

Hmmm will Avatar surpass €45M and will Titanic surpass Sole a Catinelle and €52M ? It's pretty close

8 hours ago, LPLC said:

Hmmm will Avatar surpass €45M and will Titanic surpass Sole a Catinelle and €52M ? It's pretty close

Your Avatar prediction of last week was probably correct and it's going to end around 44.6M, so I hope for a little expansion since lately every movie seems to be having one...

And for Titanic it will be interesting, it's just 90k euros away and after a 160k weekend it should be locked, but since this is a re-release we don't know if in two days it's going to be out of every theater or it will continue...

1 hour ago, MG10 said:

Your Avatar prediction of last week was probably correct and it's going to end around 44.6M, so I hope for a little expansion since lately every movie seems to be having one...

And for Titanic it will be interesting, it's just 90k euros away and after a 160k weekend it should be locked, but since this is a re-release we don't know if in two days it's going to be out of every theater or it will continue...

Yes I hope for a Oscar expansion for A2

Yesterday the first film was... Frankenstein Junior with 80k euros. The film, which is one of my favourite one, is a medium level cult here in Italy and received a limited release for three days, and if I'm not mistaken there was one last year as well

Some numbers for the week:

Creed III opened with a damn good 3.2M euros, it will pass the first two who made 5M and 7M and were big success if compared to their worldwide totals (170M and 210M)

Ant Man 3 reached 5.6M and is now the highest grossing movie of the trilogy

The 3 days re-release of Frankenstein Junior made 350k euros

Demon Slayer grossed 220k which is bad but for a quite useless recap movie announced just 3 days ago and without Italian dub it's more than enough... 

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

I think better than Mugen Train collection right?

Yeah much better (220k vs 50k) because in that case the release was organized even worse and was 6 months after it came out on Amazon Prime/Google Play/Dvd etc

Edited by MG10

This series is cursed to be handled like shit in Italy despite being one of the absolute best selling manga in the market for some reason, that said I'm not really all that sad that an operation on this level of laziness got screwed over lol

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

This series is cursed to be handled like shit in Italy despite being one of the absolute best selling manga in the market for some reason, that said I'm not really all that sad that an operation on this level of laziness got screwed over lol

Yeah when there were 15 volume out they announced they had 200k copies in circulation each so we are talking about a manga who has at minimum 3 million copies in the country whose films are being treated like if it wasn't that popular... 

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1