Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' has reached all-time Top 15 list

47 minutes ago, Omni said:

Not too good, it went from +5/10% on Sunday to -9% on Monday and now close to a -20% on Wednesday. It probably screws younger, but still...

With the Peti coming in 2 weeks, 20M euros is in trouble.

It's fine, I said I'd be satisfied with $15m, anything beyond that is the cherry on top ;)

YOU'd be satisfied with 15M, but that would objectively be a failure (13.5M euros is under a lot of Pixar movies, and Nemo is by far the most popular).

I understand the relatively poor results it's had overseas made people lower the bar of expectations, but it doesn't remove the fact that making under the predecessor after 13 years of inlation is hardly something to be happy about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

YOU'd be satisfied with 15M, but that would objectively be a failure (13.5M euros is under a lot of Pixar movies, and Nemo is by far the most popular).

I understand the relatively poor results it's had overseas made people lower the bar of expectations, but it doesn't remove the fact that making under the predecessor after 13 years of inlation is hardly something to be happy about.

The Italian market mostly stagnated since 2003 and Nemo was the only big animated movie while Dory is far from alone in a market that has a similar size.

You expect too much, I'm just realistic about the current market.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

The Italian market mostly stagnated since 2003 and Nemo was the only big animated movie while Dory is far from alone in a market that has a similar size.

You expect too much, I'm just realistic about the current market.

Can confirm. There's no statistically significant upward trend in the Italian market from 2003-2015 in local currency. The r-squared of 0.0953 has a probability of occurring by chance of about 75%. (This is in contrast to the North American market, where there is a clear upward trend: r-squared=0.7946, p=0.001.) It's worth noting that years as recent as 2012 & 2014 were actually lower than 2003.

Here's a graph of the Italian market from 2003-2015:

OaZuWCJ.png

Edited by Jason
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can confirm. There's no statistically significant upward trend in the Italian market from 2003-2015 in local currency. The r-squared of 0.0953 has a probability of occurring by chance of about 75%. (This is in contrast to the North American market, where there is a clear upward trend: r-squared=0.7946, p=0.001.) It's worth noting that years as recent as 2012-2014 were actually lower than 2003.

Here's a graph of the Italian market from 2003-2015:

OaZuWCJ.png

Nice! :D

Yep, the Italian market didn't grow but the competition is much more ferocious than in 2003, it's like a cake that must be divided among more people : there's no reason to expect a bigger share of the cake if there are more eaters eating away at a cake that is not bigger or barely :P

And most of Western Europe is in that situation.

• Like 2

Nemo in 2003 faced the 2 most successful local comedies of the year, which take away a big crunch of the teen audience.

20M euros is a number reached and overtaken by an animated sequel like Madagascar 3, which didn't exactly come out 15 years ago. And last year showed that two huge animated hits (Inside Out and Minions, almost 50M euros combined) can coexit. Dory got IO's exact release date and followed a cartoon that made 1/3 of what Minions did (IA5). Talk about fierce competition.

21/22M euros have (had?) to be reached, no excuse.

• Like 3