Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' is 7th biggest film of all time and biggest animated film ever!

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

gran turismo, asteroid city, ninjja turtles, the equalizer 3 ... i'm not saying they're gonna do big big money but they are gonna take their screens.

then there are italian movies could make good too like Io Capitano by Matteo Garrone and some other comedies. This just in one month.

Anyways if it makes a 2M+ debut still could make 20M final. I didn't want to say your prediction is wrong, just the competition will come (which would make a good result even more relevant)

I know these you mentioned are releasing from hollywood but I don't imagine any of them will do even remotely well. no idea on Garrone's though.

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

I know these you mentioned are releasing from hollywood but I don't imagine any of them will do even remotely well. no idea on Garrone's though.

everyone of them will have screens, competition is not only "same target".

Barbie in some places i saw went from 12 showings for day yesterday to 2 today cause they gave of course basically everything to opp.

when new movies come even if that movie is not going to do that much at some show at 5 PM it can sell 50 tickets, while opp at the third week would sell 40 tickets.

Of course opp is a bigger movie if on third week can sell only 10 tickets less than one on first week, but the exbhitors still prefer to sell 50 tickets, so a new release takes showings away, and you lose something in the way.

Barbie of course has been very very lucky here to have basically 5 full weeke with any competion expect for Meg 2, but when Meg 2 came there were so few films performing well around the space was still there and Barbie didn't lose any showing for basically 5 weeks 🙂

Edited by vale9001

what's make the numbers more incredible (but for prospective we have to say weekdays in summer in italy are big, in september it would have made imo around 1.5M with then bigger increases in the weekend) it's Italy only has 6 imax screens in all the country. 

It made just 47K (but of course with crazy 10K for copy) from Imax on a 2M total.

With a number of imax screens as some other same big markets it would have been even bigger. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nice. Any site that tracks WOM in italy. How would rest of the week play out. Another 5m more?

Nothing official or particularly useful but I can easily see that it's considered very good (as it was for every other country). Like shown here

There was also an interesting article by "Rivista Studio" about Robert Downey Jr titled "much more than a superhero" but unfortunately I wasn't able to read it and now it seems deleted 🤷‍♂️

Edited by MG10

In the past week Barbie surpassed The Da Vinci Code, Bohemian Rhapsody, Joker, Ice Age 3 and Benvenuti al Sud in the official all time list reaching 30.2M

In the meantime The Meg 2 outgrossed the previous movie and Dead Reckoning did the same with MI: Fallout, with a chance to pass also Rogue Nation at 5.4M

• Like 1

Highest grossing Christopher Nolan movies in Italy:

1) The Dark Knight Rises - 14.7M

2) Interstellar - 10.8M

3) Inception - 10.7M

4) The Dark Knight - 9.5M

5) Oppenheimer - 8.9M (opening weekend only) 

6) Dunkirk - 8.9M

7) Batman Begins - 6.9M

8)Tenet 6.8M

9) Insomnia - 5.1M

10) The Prestige - 4M

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

So it did increase. I was surprised yesterday when the expectations were for it to drop. This is more like it. Now I am hoping for strong weekdays. 

for this week weekdays will still be good but not last weeks level. The weekend showed summer is gone now, with huge increase on sat and sun. Most italians are back to work today. School are still closed everywhere but of course opp it's not exactly teen material (even if here is rating 6+ so they can go to watch it even alone if they want). 

Edited by vale9001

1 hour ago, MG10 said:

In the past week Barbie surpassed The Da Vinci Code, Bohemian Rhapsody, Joker, Ice Age 3 and Benvenuti al Sud in the official all time list reaching 30.2M

In the meantime The Meg 2 outgrossed the previous movie and Dead Reckoning did the same with MI: Fallout, with a chance to pass also Rogue Nation at 5.4M

Spain overtook Italy for Barbie - currently at €30.8M as of Sunday in Spain.

• Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Spain overtook Italy for Barbie - currently at €30.8M as of Sunday in Spain.

10-20 aug It's really dead in Italy so It damaged Is total but now probably will recover the gap.

This weekend sunday was even with Opp and The Haunted Mansion releases bigger than the sunday before. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Sad 1