Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' BREAKS opening-weekend record for Hollywood films

1 INDIANA JONES ~ €431119 (+44.3%)

2 ELEMENTAL ~ €240187 (+41.9%)

3 THE FLASH ~ €53456 (+39.8%)

Quite a good jump for Indiana jones, obviously it didn't have a great number to jump of so still not good.

Elemental is down only 11.4% from last friday, if it can hold 10-15% on sat and sunday this is surely looking to beat TGD total. Also €6m seems very doable at this point no?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

1 INDIANA JONES ~ €431119 (+44.3%)

2 ELEMENTAL ~ €240187 (+41.9%)

3 THE FLASH ~ €53456 (+39.8%)

Quite a good jump for Indiana jones, obviously it didn't have a great number to jump of so still not good.

Elemental is down only 11.4% from last friday, if it can hold 10-15% on sat and sunday this is surely looking to beat TGD total. Also €6m seems very doable at this point no?

Every time I doubt a day of bad weather with cold and rain can have some increase on the box office then the data arrives to prove me wrong, but obviusly better that way  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

We are in the middle of the year so I wanted to analyze my forecasts from the beginning of the year:

On 1/24/2023 at 10:45 PM, MG10 said:

From the idea of @Simionski on the Bulgarian thread, some box office forecasts for 2023

Likely over 10M euros:

- Fast X: tricky one, seventh and eight did really well but the ninth (damaged by covid) only 5M. We'll see

- Super Mario Bros Movie: it needs to do much better than Detective Pikachu and Sonic, and I think it will do it

- The Little Mermaid: despite the actress looking nothing like Ariel we are still talking about the Little Mermaid, grossing less than that would be quite bad

- Indiana Jones 5: this one will be interesting because the actor and saga are very popular but the previous one only made 12M

- Dune Part Two: previous one made 7.4M with some covid and some important competition

Likely over 5M euros:

- L'Ultima Notte di Amore: first and last Italian movie, interesting premise and Favino as the main actor

- Aquaman 2

- Guardians of the Galaxy 3: the previous ones grossed 7M, I don't expect an huge increase

- Transformers Rise of the Beasts

- The Flash: ok with nostalgia but he isn't Spider-Man and we still don't know anything about quality

- Mission Impossible 7: despite the enormous popularity of Tom Cruise all the Mission Impossible movies have strangely grossed only 5/6 million euros, I hope for a miracle but to exceed 10M we'll probably need to wait for the eighth film

- The Marvels

- Hunger Games The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

- Ant Man 3

- Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse: hopefully, because the first made only 2.8M

- Oppenheimer

- Barbie

- A Haunting in Venice, if Death on The Nile did better I would have even said 10M

- At least one between Elemental and Wish

- At least one between Gran Turismo and Ferrari

- Kraven the Hunter, Morbius is less popular and probably worse and made 3M, so why not?

- Wonka: "the Chocolate Factory" was very popular especially on tv, maybe it can surprise us and reach the 10M

As we can see there isn't any film likely to gross over 20 million euros, last time it happened was in 2017 when Beauty and The Beast which was quite uncertain managed to end at 20.4M

For the ones over 10M I was wrong with Indiana Jones (should finish at 7/8M max) and surprised by Mario making 20M, numbers that I only expected in my dreams

For the ones over 5M I was wrong with The Flash, Transformers and the Italian film, while I completely forgot about Creed coming out this year and surprised by John Wick making almost 6M. Guardians of the Galaxy instead managed to overperform and gross over 10M

Edited by MG10
  • Like 5

Reposting this before Dead Reckoning:

Highest grossing Tom Cruise movies in Italy:

1) The Last Samurai - 18.1M

2) War of the Worlds - 13.2M

3) Top Gun Maverick - 13.1M

4) Rain Man - 10/10.5M (estimate)

5) Minority Report - 10.3M

6) Top Gun - about 10M (estimate)

7) Eyes Wide Shut - 9.7M

8)Vanilla Sky 7.8M

9) Mission Impossible - 7.2M

10) Collateral - 6.9M

11) Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol - 5.9M

12) Mission Impossible III - 5.7M

13) Mission Impossible Rogue Nation - 5.4M

14) Mission Impossible Fallout - 5.2M

Edited by MG10
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, MG10 said:

4) Rain Man - 10/10.5M

6) Top Gun - about 10M

7) Eyes Wide Shut - 9.7M

8)Vanilla Sky 7.8M

10) Collateral - 6.9M

in lc??

Indiana Jones grossed 1M in its second weekend and reached 4M, while the Little Mermaid is now out of the top 10 with 11.9M

Update on Super Mario which in the meantime ended its run with a final gross of 20.4M euros and 2.8M tickets sold

On 7/6/2023 at 9:18 PM, MG10 said:

4) Rain Man - 10/10.5M (estimate)

6) Top Gun - about 10M (estimate)

7) Eyes Wide Shut - 9.7M

8)Vanilla Sky 7.8M

10) Collateral - 6.9M

Seems like an important film is missing

What's M.I.2 gross?

6 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Seems like an important film is missing

What's M.I.2 gross?

Apparently just 2.3M euros, a questionable source instead say that it was just the gross of the opening weekend so I'm not sure

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Apparently just 2.3M euros, a questionable source instead say that it was just the gross of the opening weekend so I'm not sure

According to BOM its 11.5m USD which means in euros it might be close to or a little over 10m

• Astonished 1

After this summer re-release Ponyo joined the list of the highest grossing anime movies, and in the next weeks The Wind rises will probably gain a position:

1) Captain Harlock - 5.1 million

2) Pokemon 1 - 4.7 million (officially, in reality over 9 million)

3) Pokemon 2 - 3.1 million (in reality over 6 million)

4) Stand By Me Doraemon - 2.6 million

5) Dragon Ball Super: Broly - 2.5 million

6) Spirited Away - 1.5 million

7) Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero - 1.4 million

8)Doraemon Movie n. 34 - 1.3 million

9) Doraemon Movie n. 35 - 1.2 million

10) Jujutsu Kaisen 0 - 1.1 million 

11) Howl Moving Castle - 1 million

12) The Wind Rises - 1 million

13) One Piece Red - 1 million

14) Ponyo - 980k

15) Dragon Ball Z: The Battle of the Gods - 960k (two days release)

Edited by MG10
  • Heart 1

MI7's 5-day total was 1.689M euros, down quite a bit from Fallout's 2.28M.

Indy dropped over 50%, about 480k thu-sun. Elemental much better hold at -29%, 363k thu-sun.

Barbie comes out on thursday and presales around me have picked up a ton and look great now. Will start to see spillover to friday soon. Unfortunately no Oppenheimer because italian distributors just love raining down on people's parades.

Edited by JustLurking

5 hours ago, JustLurking said:

MI7's 5-day total was 1.689M euros, down quite a bit from Fallout's 2.28M.

Indy dropped over 50%, about 480k thu-sun. Elemental much better hold at -29%, 363k thu-sun.

Barbie comes out on thursday and presales around me have picked up a ton and look great now. Will start to see spillover to friday soon. Unfortunately no Oppenheimer because italian distributors just love raining down on people's parades.

This is very disappointing, I was expecting at least 2M euros and at this point it will probably gross less than Fallout

In other news the re-release of the first Lord of The Rings made 150k euros and the other two will be in the upcoming weeks

57 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

My theaters gave Barbie a ton of shows now and sales are pacing really strong, film will do great. Looks much much better than the likes of indy/mi7

Back in january I predicted for Barbie between 5 and 10M euros, so in case I hope it stops at 9.9M  ; )

• Astonished 1