baumer

Veronica Mars (2014)

11 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

It's been a few years and quiet amount of effort by many people but the Veronica Mars movie is finally here. No thanks to WB. The end result is quiet a good film. Pretty much every character returns and there were heaps of little references to minor characters and events from the TV show. Still, even so I get the impression it would still work well for those who never saw the show.Veronica returns to Neptune to help Logan who has once again been charged with a murder that was perfectly timed to coincide with the 10 year reunion for Neptune High. Although the mystery is intriguing enough it is the characters and there interactions with each other that make the film. Well done Rob and the gang.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

The film is an excellent followup to the TV series. It hits all the points that fans will like, and while it's a little too compressed for comfort, the mystery is pretty clever and enjoyable. It actually feels like they took the uberplot for an entire TV season and cut out all of the extra stuff.

Quality-wise, it may not be as good as the first season, but it's at least on par with season 2, and well ahead of the season 3. It's exactly the sort of film that will encourage people to want even more to follow.

In the realm of fan-driven continuations to dead series, it's probably the best case scenario.

• Like 1

Without watching the show, I thought it was a pretty entertaining murder mystery. However, whenever it wasn't about the mystery, I was bored because the only characters I liked were Veronica and her dad. There were funny parts though, and overall, the mystery was intriguing. B

James Franco's cameo was the best part of the movie lol

• Like 1

Never seen the show.

Solid and entertaining murder mystery that tells you pretty much what backstory you need to know in the first 5-10 minutes. Dialogue is pretty sharp for the most part, but some bits are definitely substantially on the nose. Kristen Bell was pretty magnetic.

B+

• Like 1