Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I think you completely missed the point of the channel.  IT'S.  NOT.  MEANT.  TO.  BE.  TAKEN.  LEGITIMATELY...  IT'S.  A.  COMEDY.  VIDEO.

I didn't miss the point, people will watch that video and think "Ha! Avatar is dumb, a planet full of trees and no oxygen?" :ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

57 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I think CinemaSins is hilarious, and they do make some genuine points separate from their jokes sometimes too, but even if you don't like them, you have to recognize that the videos are 100% comedic.

Also do you think the guy actually knew James Cameron did Aliens? It's hard to say.

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I didn't miss the point, people will watch that video and think "Ha! Avatar is dumb, a planet full of trees and no oxygen?" :ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Also do you think the guy actually knew James Cameron did Aliens? It's hard to say.

Actually, most fans of his channel know his videos are purely comedic.  He mocks movies he loves, for Christ's sake.

And yeah, I'm pretty fucking sure he knew Cameron did Aliens.  It was clearly a joke.

Just now, That One Guy said:

Actually, most fans of his channel know his videos are purely comedic.  He mocks movies he loves, for Christ's sake.

And yeah, I'm pretty fucking sure he knew Cameron did Aliens.  It was clearly a joke.

Why would you tell a joke which will fall flat on 95% of the audience, and they will just take it at it's face value and say "Avatar is dumb for copying Aliens".

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Why would you tell a joke which will fall flat on 95% of the audience, and they will just take it at it's face value and say "Avatar is dumb for copying Aliens".

That's the audience's fault if they can't understand such a basic joke, not the creator.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

That's the audience's fault if they can't understand such a basic joke, not the creator.

You're conflating cinephiles with normal people, there is no way even 10% of the viewers of that vid on youtube knew James Cameron did Aliens. No way.

And yes it is the creators fault, you got to know your audience. It was only one joke out of 62 or so, so what ever.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

You're conflating cinephiles with normal people, there is no way even 10% of the viewers of that vid on youtube knew James Cameron did Aliens. No way.

And yes it is the creators fault, you got to know your audience.

Alright, I guess he's supposed to pander to his audiences and sanitize his content in his most desperate attempt to make Cameron look like a flawless individual.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Alright, I guess he's supposed to pander to his audiences and sanitize his content in his most desperate attempt to make Cameron look like a flawless individual.

He doesn't have to do anything to make Cameron a flawless film-maker! These jokers can do what ever they want.

5 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Well, you clearly are worried about what people are going to think of Avatar after watching that video.

that video was 100% comedy though! the audience understands that so it doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, Moviesareawesomegirl said:

The whole movie was a divine experience. :D 

That scene made me cry...particularly seeing as Neytiri smiled when witnessing Jake's utter joy in his newfound freedom...

He says sequels will blow us away to all new levels. Jimbo and movies are awesome girl

• Like 2

On 1/12/2017 at 8:19 PM, JB33 said:

Avatar 2 will be just fine. Don't worry: it's going to make tons of money and people are going to like it.

/validation.

Yep so far rogue will be no match for avatar ii. We need to go big to get force awakens and hopefully pull of James Cameron's three peat of the biggest domestic and worldwide domination pandorians.. He's already pulled off a king of the world event movies back to back. Something no one thought was possible.  Can he do it again????

I can't believe they added another film. Wow 4 more avatars!!!??. James is only directing 2-3 sequels right? Then we can finally get the Battle Angel movie going.

Edited by Kalel009Shel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Yep so far rogue will be no match for avatar ii. We need to go big to get force awakens and hopefully pull of James Cameron's three peat of the biggest domestic and worldwide domination pandorians.. He's already pulled off a king of the world event movies back to back. Something no one thought was possible.  Can he do it again????

I can't believe they added another film. Wow 4 more avatars!!!??. James is only directing 2-3 sequels right? Then we can finally get the Battle Angel movie going.

He is directing them all Kal, it's going to be awesome. Also someone else is directing Battle Angel unfortunately, it's the Sin City director. Jim is overseeing the production though so should be good.

We're going to get battle angel and Avatar 2 on the same year, and terminator 3D this year. What a time to know about Jim, I say that because only those who don't know him don't love him.