Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

hi all :)

I just want to say that Avatar 2 and sequels are gonna be huge. How huge? hmm don't forget its James cameron and he is unprevisible.

He is not as famous as Spielberg for the GA but i think when people will read From the director of Titanic and Avatar on the poster GA will go to the cinema.

In france Avatar sold 14.7 M tickets which is HUGE for a SF movie. 2 other SF movies have done more than 7 millions admissions:

ET and The fifth element When luc besson was very popular as Bruce willis.

I think Avatar 2 will drop around 10 millions in france and other developed market but will be over the top in south america and asia so i think 2B5 3B is the target.

• Like 2

You just said 3 to 5 Billion and now you knock it down to 3.7 Billion which sounds like such a random number...

No Im saying folks on the web are predicting from 3B to 5billion BKB.. Get your posts straight. Dont put words in my mouth.

My prediction is 850M domestic and 2.8B OS. (Hoping for beyond 3B in the OS Markets though) :D  Thus 3.7B WW.

The Juggernaut 2 will clearly beat TA2 by 1.8-2.5+ billion bucks.. One of the largest ass whoopings of one behemoth over another in quite some time in BO battles.

In the words of Jake Sully " Outstanding!!" :ph34r:

• Like 1

Don't think that low, can see it going down to 1.3B. In all honesty I see it increasing WW at least due to the OS.

Oh Im a fan of Josh too, but we have seen his projects like that Firefly film(based off the tv series ) and even Buffy the Vampire Slayer show tendancy to get into a set formula, instead of pushing the envelope.

So I think if its more of the same it could fall to 1.3B.. Though Im rooting for avengers to still kick some ass to about 1.5B.

Max of 1.7billion WW.

I see the max of Avatar on the ultra highend going beyond 4billion WW.. Lord is this place going to go crazy when Juggernaut 2 blows through 3.5billion WW..  Will she have some more in her sweet heart.. You betcha Neo my compadre in arms.

Hey what are you predicting early for Juggernaut 2 and Avengers  2 at this point my friend??

hi all :)

I just want to say that Avatar 2 and sequels are gonna be huge. How huge? hmm don't forget its James cameron and he is unprevisible.

He is not as famous as Spielberg for the GA but i think when people will read From the director of Titanic and Avatar on the poster GA will go to the cinema.

In france Avatar sold 14.7 M tickets which is HUGE for a SF movie. 2 other SF movies have done more than 7 millions admissions:

ET and The fifth element When luc besson was very popular as Bruce willis.

I think Avatar 2 will drop around 10 millions in france and other developed market but will be over the top in south america and asia so i think 2B5 3B is the target.

Hey Hey Bonedash, you will love BOF Family here, and love battling BKB and Disney 's SW7 or Avenger2 for domination fanboys as well..

Glad your on the Avatar Freight train, we took smack and we blew away everyone.... Now I think James Cameron is going to push the envelope even further and show what a true event and worldclass sequel can do..

This could be the first film in history with a shot at doing 1billion domestic in one run unadjusted in this era(Holy @@@@!!!)Im so excited.

Imagine Juggernaut has a 160-200M OW then gets a 5x+ Multiplier.

PS Still holding onto to the fact that Hobbit 2 could hit 900+M OS and beat IM3 for the throne! :)

CF should win the domestic crown also.

Welcome to the forums Bonenash. :)

Hey Tarzan/KK the man..Good evening buddy... Neo is on tooo :)... Post your predicts so Neo can add them..

Neo put in the big law dog predictions and lets keep them  bumped or in your sig guy.

I still stand that Avatar 2 can increase over 100M from the first domestically :)

• Like 1

I wonder if Avatar 2 can do 30M without midnights, hasn't been done before in December.

Oh snap.. That would be a hard to beat record as well.. Could be..I think Fox needs to have a huge Avatar 2 DAy in 200+ theaters domestically and OS, once james has some footage ready to really get folks stoked for 48FPS-60FPS 4X Resolution Avatar  2 madness.. That will help get folks flocking to make that midnight number.

I think we can do a 25-40M midnight good buddy..What do you think?

30m midnight would be crazy for dec.. Holy cow!

• Like 1

Show me the folks stupid enough outside you and the loons on this thread that are saying this is gonna gross from 3B to 5B??? You folks are setting yourselves up for this biggest embarassment this side of BOM and when this doesn't break anymore than what AVATAR did WW. You're gonna look like a bunch of noobs over it and you call yourselves box office experts at that...

I suggest you do a google search, way too many people more sensible than you have posted in movie threads on why Avatar2's maximum could go beyond the 4B  to 5B WW Range.

Perhaps you should use your thinking cap more.

Avatar was in 200% less 3d theaters OS than Avengers and yet avengers couldnt even make a billion OS.. Avatar made 2B+ LOL.. 2015-2016. There will be another 150-200+% more 3D theaters put up worldwide.

I think we all know what that means is likely for the sequel to the world's most popular event movie. (Only Titanic arguably was bigger than Avatar--Also by James lol)

Domestically there will be more films that can handlge Avatar in the best format..Also meaning for a huge increase.

HV and merchandising for a new entity like Avatar far surpassed Avengers and they have over 50 yrs of history over James Camerons masterpiece.

Logic over your fanboy garbage everytime BKB.. Sorry Fella!

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

Hmmm... 815 mil DOM3.5 billion WW

Amen..Tarzan. BKB calls us loons , but there are folks from World Of KJ and movie forums all over that have stated Avatar2 will hit 3B-4B worldwide and potential could hit 5billion..

We need to prepare the stretcher for BKB when we kick dust on his posts and the ridicule he will receive proably after Juggernaut 2 is in the theaters for a mere 5 weeks. lol

• Like 1

By the year of 2018 James cameron will have 5 movies over 2B worldwide that's insane lol and his first movie was Pirahna 2 the spawning....

This man is on another planete.

He just known how to drove people in cinema. How?

When he does a film i think he doesn't think as James cameron but he thinks as a GA.

What the GA would like to have in a movie. A love story and a SIMPLE  plaot that's all.

And i feel  that James cameron will blow away our eyes again cause he will not make sequels for just make a sequel or for money.

James cameron doesn't care of money he cares of making a great film and improve cinema experience thats why Avatar and Titanic did so well in Box office cause they are just GA perfect films.

He never give up even when fox studios executive were after him.

And i think when you make 5B worldwide in TWO movies you are untouchable.

That's why fox let him take his time for the sequels otherwise Avatar 2 out in 2011 and not in 2016.

When you take risk in cinema it always reward you.

• Like 1

Kal, the reason why BKB is named BKB is Aquaman now is because he lost a bet with me, so I got to choose his name. :)

Hah hah Tarzan.... BKB should get used to losing and looking like a fool by now good buddy.. Glad you won!!! :P

I think Tarzan and Neo already told you I made a bet to you already... The Loser pays the other 50.00 if Avengers 2 can come with 800 mil of Avatar 2..

You put up or shut up BKB.. None of us here do leave the site bets period. But we all know you dont have the balls to bet cash for  your Avengers. You just love the battling.. Time to put up your money where that not so intellectual mouth  is claiming on Avengers 2..

Tarzan somehow I doubt BKB is going to put up or shut up..Loser also changes his  sig to the others choosing for 40 days. :)

• Like 1

Thats 50.00 USD and I even gave BKB a huge gap that Avengers has to win the bet lol.

Seems hes nervous Avengers cant even close the gap between them worldwide. 800Mil is a huge handicap I gave him for Avatar.. Right all..

That is the bet and you must change your sig.. To I  bow to Avatar 2 , James Cameron and all her fans.

I am Kals bitch. :)

• Like 1

Oh Im a fan of Josh too, but we have seen his projects like that Firefly film(based off the tv series ) and even Buffy the Vampire Slayer show tendancy to get into a set formula, instead of pushing the envelope.

So I think if its more of the same it could fall to 1.3B.. Though Im rooting for avengers to still kick some ass to about 1.5B.

Max of 1.7billion WW.

I see the max of Avatar on the ultra highend going beyond 4billion WW.. Lord is this place going to go crazy when Juggernaut 2 blows through 3.5billion WW..  Will she have some more in her sweet heart.. You betcha Neo my compadre in arms.

Hey what are you predicting early for Juggernaut 2 and Avengers  2 at this point my friend??

Why does TA2 stop at 1.7B and Avatar 2 go 1.3B+ over Avatar? AOU definitely can 1.8B+

Well Kal, I'm waiting.. Put up or shut up.. I say no way on fucking God's Green Erath AVATAR 2 does over 3B dollars like you're claiming and once again, unless Lord Cameron plans on outtopping the intro to 3D as a spectacle to promote this, I'd start 2nd guessing yourself and by no means am I a box office expert and have lost bets many times before and have also won which hardly get acknowledged when I do win VS when I lose a bet.. However, I'm so certain you and the rest of the herd on this thread are wrong, that I'll put up a loser leave this site and make this the bet , the so caled confrontation everyone in their mother on this site wanted you and I to do and never happened..This will be my swang song, My retirement Wrestlemania so to speak and I'll go out on top.. One last time: You in or not?? You're so overconfident in this, that you should have no problem with this..

My bet was first. Neo already called you on it , as did Tarzan.

Thats the only bet Im doing... Seems your scared. You know a 800-2billion+ ass whooping is coming for TA2.

No ifs and no doubts about it.. 50.00 is not a lot to pay mr big mouth. But the humilation of my sig certainly will give us laughter lol

You talk like 300M being off from 3B is some easy feat, that 300M means practically nothing, like it's chump change and that is ALOT of $$$$ Neo..

You talk like the 400M is chump change. In the end its closer than TDW was to your 400M predict, can't spin that.