Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

If by some of the audiences you mean those typical no-name "movie critics" geeks who trashed his works since 1997 as if he rubbed them in the wrong way, I dont think Cameron ever gave a shit and will ever give a shit about how those people feel. They only represent a tiny group of people, while the public have already shown their great love for his movies.

Amen VC2002, he doesnt give a shit about them, the fact the fans and moviemakers who adore his work and still enable him to make history and go beyond even Speilberg in BO achievement speaks volumes. :)

You have screens and theaters confused. 3000 theaters would be 6000+ screens. If you mean 2000 theaters Avatar started with 3400+ theaters and by its fifth week lost 200 theaters. Unless you know the screen counts not the theater counts Avatar never had the expansion like you are saying it had.

Hey Neoo buddy. Oh well I basically meant that Avengers on much more 3D and regular screens than Avatar 1 was still dwarfed.

Same with HP 7 part II.. And shoot if these films cant amass a fan following like James Cameron what will a sequel so big , so salvated for and  approaching nearly 50M  HV units sold WW( We havent seen that kind of sales since Nemo LOL) , what in gods name will the sequel pull off.

We could see th worlds first 140-180M  OW in december and the film still holds for 6-7x+ Multiplier... Holy Shit

Sadly I don't have as much faith in this as you supes, but 600M is pretty likely.

Dont worry Augustus, Ive been holding down Jim along with Neo buddy, Vc2002 and Tele for over a decade prettty much.

He has disappointed yet and even 600M ontop of its absurd OS BO could still mean 2.8-3B+ for Avatar 2 :)..

So anyway you look at it, Avengers and SWS dont have a prayer to win the epic Boxoffice War .. So we are good.

And I have yet to see James make a sequel that didnt surpass his origninal work...

Just look at the T1 vs T2 example :)... Put your faith in Cameron my friend :)

Dont worry Augustus, Ive been holding down Jim along with Neo buddy, Vc2002 and Tele for over a decade prettty much. He has disappointed yet and even 600M ontop of its absurd OS BO could still mean 2.8-3B+ for Avatar 2 :).. So anyway you look at it, Avengers and SWS dont have a prayer to win the epic Boxoffice War .. So we are good. And I have yet to see James make a sequel that didnt surpass his origninal work... Just look at the T1 vs T2 example :)... Put your faith in Cameron my friend :)

Have you realized who I am yet, Supes?
  • Like 1

Dont worry Augustus, Ive been holding down Jim along with Neo buddy, Vc2002 and Tele for over a decade prettty much.He has disappointed yet and even 600M ontop of its absurd OS BO could still mean 2.8-3B+ for Avatar 2 :)..So anyway you look at it, Avengers and SWS dont have a prayer to win the epic Boxoffice War .. So we are good.And I have yet to see James make a sequel that didnt surpass his origninal work...Just look at the T1 vs T2 example :)... Put your faith in Cameron my friend :)

Lol I remember having this huge argument with my uncle about T2 vs T1
  • Like 1

I wish I knew where to find the quote, but I remember Cameron saying himself after the first film released that he didn't expect the hype to carry to the sequels.

You know hes going to act humble, but he knows theres a great chance to surpass Avatar 1 as well, and with 2b+ a lock pretty much, who the hell is at James level right now..

No one :)

Hey Neoo buddy. Oh well I basically meant that Avengers on much more 3D and regular screens than Avatar 1 was still dwarfed.

Same with HP 7 part II.. And shoot if these films cant amass a fan following like James Cameron what will a sequel so big , so salvated for and  approaching nearly 50M  HV units sold WW( We havent seen that kind of sales since Nemo LOL) , what in gods name will the sequel pull off.

We could see th worlds first 140-180M  OW in december and the film still holds for 6-7x+ Multiplier... Holy Shit

But you have to differentiate screens from theater count, a a big difference. 180M really and I don't believe 900M+ predicts at this time.

Lol I remember having this huge argument with my uncle about T2 vs T1

Lol I hope your uncle paid up if you bet him DAJK LOL... And yes Im excited for the movie my friend and also at the fact we finally have a shot to see a film make a Billion domestic.

Holy shit!!

But you have to differentiate screens from theater count, a a big difference. 180M really and I don't believe 900M+ predicts at this time.

Oh thats a low percentage to happen, but it could.. Did anyone expect 3000+ TC could possible get Avatar to 760M in one run ;)(Well i dont count the SE as a reissue , as Avatar wasnt out of theaters and James wanted to give the fans something special) So its all one run to me and most peoples eyes

Predicting everyone will keep Avatar 2 in their 3D theaters for 4-5 mths , especially if surpasses the original on the scale of T2 over T1  good buddy.. And Im predicting 155M OW..  BAsed on the snow storm not happening this time lol and 840M domestic.

Hoping and praying we can go beyond 900M though. I would love the film to break my predicts!!

Oh thats a low percentage to happen, but it could.. Did anyone expect 3000+ TC could possible get Avatar to 760M in one run ;)(Well i dont count the SE as a reissue , as Avatar wasnt out of theaters and James wanted to give the fans something special) So its all one run to me and most peoples eyes

What are you talking about? The thing is you mix up screen count and theater counts, there is a difference.