baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

As the biggest Transformers fan on this forum TF4 isn't hitting 350m. Sam is gone there will be an impact.

Many think TMNT can do 130-150.

As the 2ND biggest Transformers fan on this forum TF4 isn't hitting 350m. Sam is gone there will be an impact.

FTFY

FTFY

Where were you when me and Pointman took on the entire forum over TF3? Nowhere. I'm a diehard fan, I've been to every midnight of TF and I loved TF2. I win. Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro
  • Like 1

So, out of curiosity, I took a look at people's predictions for the 5 lowest grossing films of the summer.

I tried going through baumer's list of preseason predictions thread, though I may have missed one.

Anyways, here's what I got:

Fluffy Movie - 53

Legends Of Oz - 46

Moms Night Out - 40

And So It Goes - 35

The Rover - 29

Snowpiercer - 22

Earth To Echo - 14

As Above So Below - 11

Step Up All In - 11

The Hundred Foot Journey - 9

Million Dollar Arm - 3

The Purge Anarchy - 2

Into The Storm - 2

The Giver - 2

Jersey Boys - 2

Lets Be Cops - 1

Some interesting choices there. I think I might be just about the only person who didn't vote for at least one of The Fluffy Movie or Legends Of Oz. I was thinking Oz might get some decent business, since it's the only animated movie in May and has a recognizable name, at least enough to get it up towards 40-50. As for The Fluffy Movie, well, we'll see, I may regret that.

I probably should have voted for Step Up All In. You'd think that's a lock to make in the 25-30 range. I predicted a bunch of other movies to make less, but you know darn well some will break out and pass Step Up All In. I think that was an error on my part.

Props to the people who voted for Million Dollar Arm, Into The Storm, and Jersey Boys. All 3 have zero buzz, and even a big special effects movie like Into The Storm could easily get swallowed up by all the other bigger action movies opening around it. (All 3 probably would have been in my bottom 6-10 positions.)

I think the people who voted for As Above So Below got it wrong. That trailer should attract horror fans.

Also, a few people didn't read the rules. Only films released on or before August 15 counted. So the following votes will get 0 points:

The Loft - 5

Underdogs - 3

When The Game Stands Tall - 1

Jessabelle - 1

• Like 6

Anyone who doesn't have Snowpiercer is going to miss out on points since it's not going wide anymore, but for the games purpose it still counts. Regarding Step Up, I'm pretty sure it'll comfortably gross 40-50m and since it sounds like the last one it will probably get a boost from that too. And even if it only does 30m that will be more then enough to pass the 5 lowest grossing.Into the Storm I was going back and forth on, but even shitty blow up the world movies get 30m and this ones effects look pretty damn real and cool. It's like a DTV mixed with the effects of a blockbuster. It'll be interesting to see how it fairs, but I mean even shitty end of the world movies gain 1-2 million viewers on tv, so I have a hard time believing this won't hit at least 30m. Also the trailer doesn't show any story and if there is a story to tell it could gather a lot more interest then it currently has. Maybe they're saving that for a later trailer who knows. Too many variables with that movie.All the movies I picked as my lowest I felt had zero chance of surprising.

• Like 2