baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

^^ it will make it. In February :DWhat do I get for not putting it in my top15? :P (I had it in top10 WW cause I had no idea what else to put in #10 :( )EDIT: don't you hate it when you respond by ^^ and it puts you on the next page...

Edited by darkelf

Nope. I like my post on top of a page. At least we know the answer to pre-season question 11.

11) Will Jupiter Ascending make more than 80 million?

NO. :P

baumer will probably give points to everyone for that. My concern is what he's going to do about those of us who have it our WW rankings.
  • Like 1

I think the fairest solution is that all questions from preseason that are about JA are voided. Hence all users get 0 for those questions. Where a user referenced JA in an answer or is included in the WW top 10, then the result for that is 0. I think this is the fairest solution to all. Up to b though of course.

I think the fairest solution is that all questions from preseason that are about JA are voided. Hence all users get 0 for those questions.Where a user referenced JA in an answer or is included in the WW top 10, then the result for that is 0.I think this is the fairest solution to all. Up to b though of course.

Well for the WW top 10, we could have gotten points for JA.  Maybe make it a top 9 instead?

No, I think anyone who answered JA (or didn't) for anything should be rewarded or punished, respectively. It's part of the game, just another wildcard to deal with. The fact that we were allowed some alternates for our top 15 is already generous enough.

• Like 3

I agree. Personally I don't think that people who put JA into their top 15 or WW would complain anyway. It's a blessing for them. They are lucky in that respect that they don't get minus points for it lol

You actually don't agree since Tele is advocating for rewarding (plus points) and punishing (minus points) users who picked JA.That's stupid Tele. We all had the same information and stats to work with to pick our preseason answers from. How is it our fault that the studios decided to move a film? Had we known that before we wouldn't have out the movie in. How is that any part of B's goal when he started this game to "hold people accountable for their predictions?" And to "see who is the most consistent prognosticator"? That comes down to luck and this game is about research and analysis as well was a bit of gut feeling mixed in. We already have a lot of factors that luck plays a part in, we don't need anymore. This game is about accuracy and consistency and a film moving has nothing to do with either. Oh and as a disclaimer I would argue this even if I didn't have Jupiter ascending in my top 10 WW. 0 points is fair and still a punishment. Losing points is kicking a guy when he's down.

That's stupid Tele. We all had the same information and stats to work with to pick our preseason answers from. How is it our fault that the studios decided to move a film? Had we known that before we wouldn't have out the movie in.

It's a wild card. It's Fate. 

Posted Image

It's fair. It's fun. It adds some WTF to the game.

I'll look into everything this weekend.  Unfortunately I'm just making a cameo appearance tonight on the forums.  Think of me as Robin Williams in Dead Again.  :)

Do you know how much WTF is already in the game? There doesn't need to be anymore.

It's a game. If there weren't consequences for crazy shit, there wouldn't be meltdowns. And the meltdowns (and boasts) are what makes it fun.

I had JA in my WW top 10. I should be scored as if it made 0 dollars this summer (which is exactly what happened).

If you ask me, you're already a termite in this life in a shitty suit, okay?

Woah!  That's awesome.  I loved Dead Again.  Terrific idea for a movie.

• Like 1

There u go. Lose points for JA making 0 and not being in any charts. By that notion JA will now one of the 5 lowest grossing films of the summer. I guess we are all gonna miss on that one. :)