baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

SOTM 6 update for those who picked Uruguay. DOFP and Godzilla both fell 40% and will need out of this world legs to catch TASM2.No idea about Portugal.

Whoever picked Portugal must pray for the drop this weekend to be good. This is the decisive moment. 

there's no rush with Portugal. Godzilla isnt hitting Japan till July 25th I  believe and who the fuck knows when cinema will come to Bulgaria.

(sorry that last bit was mean and uncalled for a know, but there was humour to be found there somewhere too I feel)

If the SOTM questions have been stressing people out recently, maybe SOTM9 should be:

will transformers make more than $1 opening week YES or NO

COrrect 100,000points

Incorrect minus 5 points

Abstain 25points

• Like 3

there's no rush with Portugal. Godzilla isnt hitting Japan till July 25th I  believe and who the fuck knows when cinema will come to Bulgaria.

(sorry that last bit was mean and uncalled for a know, but there was humour to be found there somewhere too I feel)

Well, if anyone had picked "Godzilla" for Bulgaria, they win that question: http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/bulgaria/?yr=2014&wk=22&p=.htm

I don't think anyone went for Bulgaria though, a lot of people just followed CJohn and went with Portugal. If CJohn is wrong, this is half the players:

Posted Image

• Like 3

For SOTM3, looks like Neighbors may squeak past Animal House but fall short of "We Are The Millers", if this weekend fall is bad, then passing Animal House may be in jeopardy, it will most likely be around 4-5M behind Animal House by the end of this weekend, and 1-2M behind it when 22JS releases. 

Edited by grim22

Actually, Neighbors has finally had some good week-to-week drops this week, so I think it should be able to make it past Animal House fairly easily. We're The Millers is definitely still in doubt though. Neighbors needs a good weekend.

On the plus side, looks like a good theater count hold this week:

Neighbors Universal 2,673 -266 -9.1% 5

Actually, Neighbors has finally had some good week-to-week drops this week, so I think it should be able to make it past Animal House fairly easily. We're The Millers is definitely still in doubt though. Neighbors needs a good weekend.

On the plus side, looks like a good theater count hold this week:

Neighbors Universal 2,673 -266 -9.1% 5

The main problem facing Neighbors is that 22JS will take much of its audience next week, overtaking Animal House is looking safe, but WATM will depend entirely on how well it holds against 22JS.

Question about Lucy moving. If anyone had picked Lucy as the highest grossing or second highest grossing movie of August for those questions - what happens? Obviously it isn't an August release anymore but it may gross higher than other August releases.

So Fault will explode and so will 22JS next week. My Top 15 looks amazing. Truly fantastic. That, the WW total top, the OW DOM top and the WW Weekend Top. All are great. Just great...

Edited by CJohn