baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

Question about Lucy moving. If anyone had picked Lucy as the highest grossing or second highest grossing movie of August for those questions - what happens? Obviously it isn't an August release anymore but it may gross higher than other August releases.

Any clarification on this? Quite a few people have picked Lucy as #1 or #2 in August. I haven't, but answering this now would probably avoid confusion toward the end.

Early projections for this week's answers based on a blend of boxoffice.com, BOM and Rth. Will update when weekend estimates hit.

1) Will Fault in our Stars have a bigger Thursday than Edge of Tomorrow?  YES - confirmed

2) Will Fault in our Stars open to number one?  YES (requires a 22M swing for No)

3) Will Fault in our Stars open to more than 35 million?  YES (Requires a 20M drop from early projections for no)

4) Will Fault in our Stars open to less than 45 million? NO (Requires 10M drop from early projections for YES)

5) Will Edge of Tomorrow open to more than 25 million? YES (Requires a 5M drop from early projections for no)

6) Will Edge of Tomorrow gross more than 80 million WW? YES (I believe there are reports of an OS total over $100 alone but I could have dreamt that)

7) Will Maleficent drop less than 50.5%? YES (Needs a 1.5% drop from early projections for Yes)

8) Will DOFP have a Friday increase of more than 70%  YES (needs a 3.3% drop from estimates for no)

9) Will DOFP drop by less than 45%? NO (needs a 7% drop from early projections for yes)

10) Will Godzilla increase by more than 45% on Saturday?  NO (based on BOM's fri estimate Godzilla had a 1.77M Friday meaning a 45 increase requires a 2.566M Sat and Rth is projecting 2.4)

11) Will Blended fall less than 40%? NO (Requires a 10% swing from early projections for YES)

12) Will any film in the top 12 have a Saturday increase of more than 75%? Cannot answer yet although Rth projections suggest none of the top 6 will at least

13) Will Million Ways make more than Blended and Neighbors combined? NO (needs a 2.2M swing from early projections for YES)

14) Will Fault in our Stars have at least an A- cinemascore? YES (it got a A I believe)

15) Will Fault in our Stars open to more than 60 mill? (for all the loonies) NO (Needs a 5M increase from early projections for Yes)

12/15 3000

13/15 5000

14/15 7000

15/15 10,000

Take the following with a bucket of salt

Bonus 1:  What will be the combined gross of Fault and Edge?  5000  85M

Bonus 2:  What will Godzilla's drop be this weekend?  5000 48%

Bonus 3:  What will be the best Friday increase % wise? (not the film, but the actual number...so if you think Million Ways to die will have the best Friday increase, and you think it will increase 97.55%, your answer will simply be 97.55%, I don't need the movie) 5000 189.5%

What finishes in spots:

1 FIOS

2 Maleficent

3 EOT

8 Neighbours

12 ???

15 ???

2000 each 6,000 bonus if all 6 correct.

Edited by chasmmi

I bought into the hype and answered yes to the 60 million dollar question.  :)

I don't think I'm going to have a strong game this year.  I seem to be too busy for it.  I'll keep trying but it's hard.  

Why the fuck did I answered that X-Men was going to have a drop under 45%? It is just so fucking stupid, oh my god...

I'm thinking the same thing. The thing is I see the questions each week and for whatver reason always react like Baumer has inside knowledge on what lies in store for the weekend.

I swear if his has a question next week asking will FIOS increased 25% on its opening weekend, I'd consider the question and the week like that's the accepted part performance for this film in this scenario.I always do it.

• Like 1

Funny thing is, I predicted FIOS to hit 97M and I may just be 10M close. The legs will he horrible. -70% drop next weekend is coming.

It still may fail to reach 100M DOM. It may have Endless Love type of legs.

Update with Bom estimates. 1) Will Fault in our Stars have a bigger Thursday than Edge of Tomorrow?  YES - confirmed2) Will Fault in our Stars open to number one?  YES (requires a 15.3M swing for No)3) Will Fault in our Stars open to more than 35 million?  YES (Requires a 13.2M drop for no)4) Will Fault in our Stars open to less than 45 million? NO (Requires 3.2M drop for YES) 5) Will Edge of Tomorrow open to more than 25 million? YES (Requires a 4.1M drop for no)6) Will Edge of Tomorrow gross more than 80 million WW? YES (I believe there are reports of an OS total over $100 alone but I could have dreamt that)7) Will Maleficent drop less than 50.5%? NO (Needs a 1.2% drop from for Yes)8) Will DOFP have a Friday increase of more than 70%  YES (needs a 3.3% drop from estimates for no)9) Will DOFP drop by less than 45%? NO (needs a 9.4% drop for yes)10) Will Godzilla increase by more than 45% on Saturday?  NO (needs a 3.4% increase for Yes)11) Will Blended fall less than 40%? NO (Requires a 10.3% swing from early projections for YES)12) Will any film in the top 12 have a Saturday increase of more than 75%? No for top 10, 11th and 12th not clear, will prob depend on whether Rio stays in the top 1213) Will Million Ways make more than Blended and Neighbors combined? NO (needs a 2.1M swing  YES)14) Will Fault in our Stars have at least an A- cinemascore? YES (it got a A I believe)15) Will Fault in our Stars open to more than 60 mill? (for all the loonies) NO (Needs a 11.8M increase  for Yes) 12/15 300013/15 500014/15 700015/15 10,000  Bonus 1:  What will be the combined gross of Fault and Edge?  5000  77.3MBonus 2:  What will Godzilla's drop be this weekend?  5000 50.5%Bonus 3:  What will be the best Friday increase % wise? (not the film, but the actual number...so if you think Million Ways to die will have the best Friday increase, and you think it will increase 97.55%, your answer will simply be 97.55%, I don't need the movie) 5000 189.5% What finishes in spots: (movies are missing so this will change) 1 FIOS2 Maleficent3 EOT8 Neighbours12 RIO15 Holiday 

• Like 2