Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

In terms of positivity, the GOTW trailer looked good on the big screen. Hadn't seen it before a movie yet.

God, that did absolutely nothing for me in the theater.  I'll see the film, but holy shit I'm just not there with it yet.

God, that did absolutely nothing for me in the theater.  I'll see the film, but holy shit I'm just not there with it yet.

I still don't think it's a great trailer, but it looked nice. The scale was more impressive (obviously). I think it's going to do well.

I've only watched the first ep of HIMYM, but after hearing about the ending, I removed it from my Netflix queue, deciding it wasn't worth checking out.

i liked most of the first 4-5 seasons. then it became a drag.

• Like 2

I've only watched the first ep of HIMYM, but after hearing about the ending, I removed it from my Netflix queue, deciding it wasn't worth checking out.

The first few seasons were pretty funny. Then the show became shit.

The first few seasons of HIMYM are really funny. Just don't get caught up in any of the tease about what the final result will be (in other words, who the mother is).

i liked most of the first 4-5 seasons. then it became a drag.

I'm not really a sitcom person. Even for things I know are good that people say I should watch (Community, I'm looking at you), I'm not really inclined to check everything out. So if there are very specific episodes that I should catch, people would need to say which those are.

Well my theater sold out 4 shows tonight.

I was shocked that Century City and Universal City didn't have sellouts tonight. Even the IMAX showings. Like I said, the showings seem to skewed towards 2D, 2D showings are outnumbering 3D showings in most theaters I am checking.

I'm not really a sitcom person. Even for things I know are good that people say I should watch (Community, I'm looking at you), I'm not really inclined to check everything out. So if there are very specific episodes that I should catch, people would need to say which those are.

Slap Bet, The Perfect Week, Drumroll Please.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Watch the first two to maybe four seasons, then skip to the finale. 

Which… is probably how the series should've gone. I hate it when shows are needlessly strung out over years. 

Posted Image

• Like 1

Watch the first two to maybe four seasons, then skip to the finale. 

Which… is probably how the series should've gone. I hate it when shows are needlessly strung out over years. 

Yeah, that's another thing. I've tended to feel that serial fiction of pretty much any sort probably has a limit of somewhere between 50 and 100 episodes at the upper limit. Most non-superhero comic series I've liked have played out their story over that span (Sandman, Y: The Last Man, Transmetropolitan, etc...) and any TV series I've really gone for has probably had about that limit, too. Even the latter Star Trek series, as much as I like them, probably could have cut down about 70-100 episodes from their entire runs and not lost anything.