Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

For all you Summer Game players (BSG), question 19 has been added.  It's a good one too. Sorry, don't mean to high-jack the thread.

I thought it starts in May and everyone is just prepping right now? Sorry itll be my first year playing so I'm still kinda confused.

CA2 - Very good movie.  Glad it's doing well.  I wouldn't mind the Russo brothers tackling CA3 or gasp* TA3.  Everything was expertly done.  Bravo.  

Back to Noah - Did a little research and it needs over $400m to break-even if the marketing is anywhere over $80m (edit: my guesstimate).  It miiiiight get there WW but I doubt it or it won't be significantly over.  This should put a nail in the coffin of any future corrupting attempts by Aronofsky or others.  

Gods Not Dead - small drop for its 3rd weekend.  Combined with the Noah decline and I'm freakin dancing.

Muppets - stablizing a bit.  I still have to see that film.  I love me some Muppets.  

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

CA2 - Very good movie.  Glad it's doing well.  I wouldn't mind the Russo brothers tackling CA3 or gasp* TA3.  Everything was expertly done.  Bravo.  

Back to Noah - Did a little research and it needs over $400m to break-even if the marketing is anywhere over $80m.  It miiiiight get there WW but I doubt it or it won't be significantly over.  This should put a nail in the coffin of any future corrupting attempts by Aronofsky or others.  

Gods Not Dead - small drop for its 3rd weekend.  Combined with the Noah decline and I'm freakin dancing.

Muppets - stablizing a bit.  I still have to see that film.  I love me some Muppets.  

Noah budget is 125m it need around 312.5m to break even. The rule of the is budget multiple 2.5 right?

Noah budget is 125m it need around 312.5m to break even. The rule of the is budget multiple 2.5 right?

Hey buddy.  I neglected to add that I'm guesstimating a $80m pile of $$ for advertising.  I'm usually good at predicting those budgets before they're released.  LOL.   I tacked that onto the $125m.  Sorry I wasn't clear!  I could be wayyyy off with the $80m but I doubt it's lower.  

The rule is 2x overall budget

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

Hey buddy.  I neglected to add that I'm guesstimating a $80m pile of $$ for advertising.  I'm usually good at predicting those budgets before they're released.  LOL.   I tacked that onto the $125m.  Sorry I wasn't clear!  I could be wayyyy off with the $80m but I doubt it's lower.  

The rule is 2x overall budget

Sorry I thought you meant 400m plus another 80m for marketing. 

Rich, I'm doing the Dolby Atmos today. I haven't been there in a year. Hopefully the place has a new staff by now.

May you educate the staff on the power of Nolan. May Nolan be with you. 

Edited by Jesus of Suburbia
  • Like 3

The solo Marvel films are cookie cutter, they just roll off the assembly line each looking and feeling just like the other. 

You would think with SOOOO many different concepts, WWII, Political Thriller, Space Adventure, you would get some unique and creativity vision. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 4

I'll give Marvel credit for interesting directorial hires, and for not going the Ratner-esque route. But the downside to many of their directors is that there isn't this singular vision in terms of actually maximizing the ideas onscreen.

• Like 6