#ED

Tuesday Actuals 5/6/14: TASM2 - 6.24M

This is destined to be one of those films that drops hard Wednesday/Thursday on its way to a big weekend drop.

Discount Tuesdays are always a big deal, particularly around finals and schools getting out for summer.

• Like 2

This is destined to be one of those films that drops hard Wednesday/Thursday on its way to a big weekend drop.

Discount Tuesdays are always a big deal, particularly around finals and schools getting out for summer.

The Tuesday was a possible sign that it's playing like a complete family movie which means it could actually get a huge bump on Friday/Saturday.

and you think that a superhero mvie with mixed WOM can drop less than 56%?

When I think of "mixed" I see a common agreement in the middle where the differences vary only in a small way to measure okay or bad. With this film there is a huge margin between those who love it and those who don't. So I don't think the general audience has determined where they stand on that yet. That's why I say there is still a curiosity factor in play. No consensus has been reached. I think after this weekend, we'll know better how the general audience plays to those opinions. Tuesday's number definitely showed an interest that demonstrates people are deciding for themselves by going in to find out what the talk is all about. So this weekend will tell us if there are still a good portion of people making that trek for themselves along with those who are coming back for multiple viewings. Should be very interesting.

When I think of "mixed" I see a common agreement in the middle where the differences vary only in a small way to measure okay or bad. With this film there is a huge margin between those who love it and those who don't. So I don't think the general audience has determined where they stand on that yet. That's why I say there is still a curiosity factor in play. No consensus has been reached. I think after this weekend, we'll know better how the general audience plays to those opinions. Tuesday's number definitely showed an interest that demonstrates people are deciding for themselves by going in to find out what the talk is all about. So this weekend will tell us if there are still a good portion of people making that trek for themselves along with those who are coming back for multiple viewings. Should be very interesting.

Thank you! Geez

Anything is possible.

It's possible my ex-wife will call me up one day and say, "baumer, I now love dogs and want to do nothing but make love to you all night and go to movies all day....let's reconcile."

But that isn't likely to happen either.

• Like 8

Regardless of its 2nd weekend drop, its 3rd and 4th weekends will be rather unpleasant.

That's a given. I assume Memorial day weekend, it's gonna get nasty.

Poor Spider-Man. This used to be THE Summer movie to go to. 

It's possible my ex-wife will call me up one day and say, "baumer, I now love dogs and want to do nothing but make love to you all night and go to movies all day....let's reconcile."

Oh be quiet Baumer. :angry:

• Like 1

Posted Image

• Like 6

Oh be quiet Baumer. :angry:

don't you think you're being a little bit unrealistic?  ASM2 is more likely to drop more than 70% than it is less than 60%.

• Like 1

don't you think you're being a little bit unrealistic?  ASM2 is more likely to drop more than 70% than it is less than 60%.

I think there is a possibility that it will have an under 60% hold this weekend. I really do. If I'm wrong so be it. Won't be the first time.

• Like 1

i would disagree even when talking about likelihood & probability.

more than 70% has happened i think only once for a cbm - Hellboy 2's 2nd weeked against TDK.

even xow was 69% in may.

without that direct competition like TDK, outside of summer weekdays and post a normal non-holiday ow,

probability of >70% drop is less than <60% drop.

Edited by a2k