#ED

Tuesday Actuals 5/6/14: TASM2 - 6.24M

Neighbors has  a very good chance of opening north of 40 Million.That means that TASM2 ;s drop this weekend might be below 60% and it could still lose the #1 spot to Neighbors. Gonna be close.

• Like 1

God, I wish someone would record Ecstasy's reaction to Chris Evans walking into her home naked. 

What? That makes no sense, lol. This so random.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

I'm not trying to say anything definitive. I'm merely pointing out that a rising tide raises all boats, and TASM2's +21% (while very solid) isn't as impressive as it would've been if it was +21% with the holders rising the same (or less). You're the one who's targeting a single holdover and trying to hold that up as some particular benchmark to be considered.

But your analogy of the 'boats in the rising tide' still incorrectly suggests that percentages are all equal in how they arrive at their figure. And that's mathematically not true. All I was pointing out is that a 22% increase from a film being shown on 4,324 screens took far more business to accomplish than one playing in 1,790 screens that went from a paltry $66.00 a screen to $102.00. It's not apples to apples, or even the same tide in the same ocean. To use that analogy ASM2 is in the ocean tide and Bears is in the bathroom with you running the water. Two entirely different measures.

What? That makes no sense, lol. This so random.

:cloud9:

It's all good. The guy is good looking. I'm completely straight but I may even...

:ph34r:

• Like 3

Of course TASM did more business than BEARS. I never argued otherwise. We'll see how the rest of the week goes and whether this is a sign of decent legs (indicated by softer-than-expected drops tomorrow and flat or slight rise Thursday) or not.

Of course TASM did more business than BEARS. I never argued otherwise. We'll see how the rest of the week goes and whether this is a sign of decent legs (indicated by softer-than-expected drops tomorrow and flat or slight rise Thursday) or not.

Would you say anything less than 25% is a good drop for tomorrow? 

For TASM2 or for Bears???  :ph34r:

TASM2.

It's very well possible but it seems like a few people expect it to completely tank tomorrow (-30%+).

Less than 25% would be good, less than 20% would be excellent. 25-30%, expected, 30%+, not very good.

Either way, I think it's safe to expect 150%+ on Friday.

The thing is, it could very well drop less than 60% this weekend, but the weeks after are not going to be kind at all with Godzilla, X-men, Maleficent, etc.

Even if it had been better received,TASM2 would had a rough time with the Line up coming down the road.

But that is might well lose out it's second weekend to "Neighbors" is just a sign how much SONY has fallen short of it's aim for a huge ,AVENGERS/TDK level hit.

Even if it had been better received,TASM2 would had a rough time with the Line up coming down the road.

But that is might well lose out it's second weekend to "Neighbors" is just a sign how much SONY has fallen short of it's aim for a huge ,AVENGERS/TDK level hit.

Sony is lucky to have the new reinvigorated Bond franchise. And MiB3, believe it or not, still made some money. But I do agree that Sony's heart is not into making good movies anymore. MIB & TASM are business decisions. SEX TAPE is high concept without heart (you can tell from the lackluster trailer). Sony is fortunate that SKYFALL has a great director and dedicated producers at its helm. 

Gentlemen and ladies, lets not pick on Bears. There is plenty of room for educational films in the multiplex.

Agreed. Besides, I don't think movies like Neighbors and Spider-man are for my 4 year old son(planned age for his first theater exp).

Agreed. Besides, I don't think movies like Neighbors and Spider-man are for my 4 year old son(planned age for his first theater exp).

Interstellar is supposed to be a "family" film, after all.

• Like 1

Interstellar is supposed to be a "family" film, after all.

Right, but my 3 month old son may not be an IMAX fan. He must stay with mommy.

He will just have to imagine the movie.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 1