A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

On 8/21/2024 at 5:53 AM, Boxx93 said:

I'm surprised they haven't touched Anastasia yet. That´s like the more obvious one to turn into live action.

People forget the animated film was a animated film of a live action drama.

I was not a big fan of the film; Ijust think the subject matter was not great for a animated musical film.

Don't know if they can get away with the liberties they took in today's market. And,frankly, anythying t do with Russia is probably looked at askance since the Ukraine war started.

Edited by dudalb

No  idea what the forum's rules are on this stuff (honestly my personal view is more that I'll have no compulsion diving into the public aspects of this data in 5 years but get the incentives to duck it now) but it looks like nullbridge stuff is going to start being reported on. 

https://www.wsj.com/business/media/leaked-disney-data-reveals-financial-and-strategy-secrets-56573020?st=pirwozd8w38hej6&s=34

So we get an explicit D+ revenue splitout versus consumer products in general. WSJ doesn't mention any movie specific spreadsheets but I suspect they're there. 

The slack stuff is also presumably going to be used for tiktoks of Lightyear & DeSantis stuff. WSJ explicitly mentions at least pre-Chapek statement slack channel) and that's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

I know that Disney has a lot of businesses, and the decline is mostly lead by the decline in TV revenue, but it's weird to me that the outside success of Inside Out 2 and Deadpool 3 don't seem to have made any effect on the stock price. Just a continuous downfall these last few months.

Edited by cannastop
  • Sad 1

On 9/9/2024 at 1:13 PM, cannastop said:

I know that Disney has a lot of businesses, and the decline is mostly lead by the decline in TV revenue, but it's weird to me that the outside success of Inside Out 2 and Deadpool 3 don't seem to have made any effect on the stock price. Just a continuous downfall these last few months.

Investor's look at the whole company, not just one division. The losses from other divisions could easily eat up the profits from the film division

1 hour ago, JWR said:

2024 feels like the year Disney thought they would have had with 2023.

Worst 100th Birthday ever lol. I don't think any studio last as much $$$ as Disney did last year lol. Lionsgate is giving them a run this year though lol.