baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Oh yeah, FAULT IN OUR STARS latest tracking is 40 M. It's not my kind of movie but it will surely add fun to 2014's box office.

And if it has the legs that some here think it will, it really could be a huge hit this summer.....like 170-200M big.

• Like 4

2 weekends after Memorial will be especially interesting with Maleficent and Fault in our Stars being primarly female-oriented films that could both potentially be really big so how can anyone say it's 'boring' is beyond me. From box office perspective it's very interesting, especially after male-skewed previous weekends

Well, but to me it is boring. Deal with it.

Edited by CJohn

And where are your predictions?  Please show us your Nostradamus skills.  There are 63 people who made their predictions for the top 17 films this summer.  You can find them here:

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/14698-list-of-all-players-preseason-predictions-completed/

So where are yours?  Before you tell people their predictions are a joke, make sure you post yours too. 

All over the forums in different posts at different times, was too lazy to make list and don't know enough about some movies to judge their chances fairly :rolleyes: Also, it was more of a jab at CJohn's "so boring = no big grosses" general tone of his post. Jeez :rolleyes: Someone argues against "geekcentrism" of box office discussion and you immediately get irritated :rolleyes:

If the film is good. And that's a very big if.

I almost think it's going to be impossible not to be good.  The book is so well liked and they have two really good leads in it, so unless the director decides to make it take place in Pakistan and then aliens land 3/4 of the way through the film, then it will almost have to be good.

• Like 3

All over the forums in different posts at different times, was too lazy to make list and don't know enough about some movies to judge their chances fairly :rolleyes: Also, it was more of a jab at CJohn's "so boring = no big grosses" general tone of his post. Jeez :rolleyes: Someone argues against "geekcentrism" of box office discussion and you immediately get irritated :rolleyes:

You told him his predictions are a joke.  

So let me ask you four films.

What is your prediction for 

DOFP

Transformers 3

TMNT

Fault in our Stars?

Edited by baumer
  • Like 4

I almost think it's going to be impossible not to be good. The book is so well liked and they have two really good leads in it, so unless the director decides to make it take place in Pakistan and then aliens land 3/4 of the way through the film, then it will almost have to be good.

It could easily dissolve into some melodramatic sh-t.

Compared to last year, I find this Summer boring. Like I said, deal with it. 

It could easily dissolve into some melodramatic sh-t.

Melodramatic in who's eyes?  

The target audience for this looks like it will eat it up.