Punishment

Weekend Actuals 5/16-5/18 Zilla 93.2, Neigh 25.1, ASM 16.8, MDA 10.5

he has the same expression in this scene and when talking to director on the sets.

Posted Image

Posted Image

maybe he showing edwards his acting chops.

Ken Watanabe is one of the most talented actors out there.

Letters from Iwo Jima and The Last Samurai prove so.

I blame the writing more than the actor going by the track record, though I still think people exaggerate it quite a bit.

• Like 3

Ken Watanabe is one of the most talented actors out there.

Letters from Iwo Jima and The Last Samurai prove so.

I blame the writing more than the actor going by the track record, though I still think people exaggerate it quite a bit.

yes, he is really good. they didn't take him in the film for acting reasons imo. 

if someone had to underplay it because the script did not allow anything else, better him than anyone else.

The complaint was that the first hour and a half was all talking. And then when the action finally started, it "sucked".

I didn't time it but there was a lot of talking for a good portion of the film. I don't think the action sucked but I thought it was a bit short lived where Godzilla was concerned. Maybe that's why he think it sucked. That's my personal opinion.

Edited by ECSTASY

yes, he is really good. they didn't take him in the film for acting reasons imo. 

if someone had to underplay it because the script did not allow anything else, better him than anyone else.

Well in my review, the biggest complaint I had was the misuse of Watanabe. They dropped the ball by under-utilizing him, and thus, Serizawa as a character.

If they were gonna use such a good actor, they really should have given him a bigger role. This is why I hope he is in the sequel so they develop him too. His background story, with his father tracking Godzilla in the 50s, is very cool and can be used to develop him and the new Godzilla lore further.

• Like 1

Well in my review, the biggest complaint I had was the misuse of Watanabe. They dropped the ball by under-utilizing him, and thus, Serizawa as a character.

If they were gonna use such a good actor, they really should have given him a bigger role. This is why I hope he is in the sequel so they develop him too. His background story, with his father tracking Godzilla in the 50s, is very cool and can be used to develop him and the new Godzilla lore further.

Yes indeed since we know its seems Godzilla's  origins are even more spectacular than any incarnation of the character so far.

Wow at how far back they have been tracking Godzilla(those who  saw the movie will  understand what I mean--I loved they went with a bigger possibilities with Godzilla this time and yep BBall the sequel is going to have a lot ofdevelopement for both Wantabee and the God one himself.   I'm pretty sure Wantanbe signed for sequels pending a greenlight for more projects. :)

Edited by Superman001

I didn't time it but there was a lot of talking for a good portion of the film. I don't think the action sucked but I thought it was a bit short lived where Godzilla was concerned. Maybe that's why he think it sucked. That's my personal opinion.

From what i have heard it is pretty good not great and trailers are misleading Slash from guns and roses loves it thou lol!

From what i have heard it is pretty good not great and trailers are misleading Slash from guns and roses loves it thou lol!

Well it was pretty mediocre to bad until Godzilla shows up. Then it was ridiculously awesome. The visuals in the movie were fantastic throughout though.

But I've seen some pretty funny rants on twitter.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

And really with that kind of endorsement how can you go wrong?

• Like 2