How do you rank/grade your movies?

A+: Absolutely loved the movie

A: Thoroughly enjoyed the moved

B: Enjoyed the movie, but was just lacking that something extra

C: Okay, I could take it or leave it

D: Watchable, but pretty bad

F: Unwatchable

• Community Manager

A+: An A+ is reserved for the perfect film: a single flaw disqualifies you from it. Since perfection is impossible, an A+ is impossible...and yet it's the grade every film should strive to achieve. If I do give out an A+, it's usually in the heat of the moment and it'll always go back down to an A.

A: I loved every minute of it. It doesn't have to be perfect (that's an A+ film) but I can overlook the flaws simply because the strengths (or entertainment value) are so great that I don't care about them. A good example of an A film is The Dark Knight, X-Men: The First Class, Godzilla...

A-: Almost as strong as an A movie but at least one flaw did stick out at me. I still loved the movie and would see it again but I can notice it's flaws as I see it. A good example is The Wolverine.

B+: It's a good movie that I liked and was happy I saw. I could even see myself watching this movie more than once but the flaws are very noticeable. A good example is X-Men: Days of Future Past or The Neighbors.

B: A good movie that I'm not sure I would see again until I've forgotten what happen. It's enjoyable but nothing special. A good example is Chef or The Amazing Spider-man 2.

B-: A movie that's barely good where there are slightly more strengths then there are flaws. I liked it, I didn't regret seeing it, but I have no problem not re-watching this movie for a long time. A good example is Maleficent.

C+: I'd say this is a movie that was technically competent and I liked parts of it but it's not one that I feel strongly you should skip or watch. I'd say The Book of Eli is an example.

C: The definition of an average film. There is a perfect balance between strengths and flaws. Think the new Alice in Wonderland.

C-: A movie that isn't really bad but has more flaws than strengths which ultimately hold it down. Think Funny People.

D+: A movie that is bad. There are a few redeeming qualities if you look for them but why would you? I'd say You Don't Mess with the Zohan is an example.

D: A simply bad movie but not a painful experience: will make you fall asleep rather. Think Bee Movie.

D-: It's so bad that it's actually a torture to sit through. The kind of movie I wouldn't inflict on my worst enemy. I can't think of a movie that's this bad but the first season of The Following and the entire Hostages tv series fit this.

F: An absolute failure of a movie to the point where one must wonder how the filmmakers even got the camera to turn on and record. I don't think I've actually given out an F.