Jandrew

1st Annual Forum Games! - PART 21 - 116 - FINAL PART ON 117 - WE HAVE A "WINNER" - AFTER CREDIT SCENE - Page 119

This discussion on systems for member content is interesting and definitely deserves more talk on it.

I agree, since this is definitely becoming more of a common thing now. I quite like it as well, because when people put substantial effort into what they make for the forums, it deserves a lot of attention, more than just a fairly well placed GIF.

• Like 2

I agree, since this is definitely becoming more of a common thing now. I quite like it as well, because when people put substantial effort into what they make for the forums, it deserves a lot of attention, more than just a fairly well placed GIF.

Agreed. This is helping me improve as a writer. Its obviously not as focused as my scripts, but yalls feedback still helps me. Im all for taking turns holding a pin spot or 2. Like I said, im not doing another FG till 2015, and if I do Helium, itll only be for short period around Xmas or so. Other than that, Im out of the way. Thats my personal suggestion. That way members wont have to bounce around stories either. Just my 2 cents.
  • Like 4

You write scripts? That's really cool, what kind of stuff have you written?

Teachers Lounge - R rated comedy set in central Florida about a high school students and teachers that have to spend more time together after a drug bust at the school

United Stewarts of America - PG road trip comedy about a dad who decides to take his spoiled family on a cross country trip from Long Island to LA

Shanghai - thriller about a CIA employee who gets a job offer in China, but the Chinese company is really a "terrorist" organization. They kidnap him at his interview and tell him he has to commit espionage on the US, but he escapes and they frame him for an attack. Now he has to figure out how to get out of China and how they found about him. Chinese villains so I have to re-write it for Tokyo or Seoul or something.

Robotcracy - my passion project. A company called Carosoft (Caro as in Carolina, gotta pay homage) creates robots, but one of the developers had other plans and creates a virus that released the robots on a rampage through Houston. The head developer Alexander, has to team up with another employee, Patrick, and travel 20 miles through Houston to try to shut them off, meanwhile the main robot, Aron One, has other plans. It's an action thriller, but also kind of a buddy comedy. Lots of witty humor in it.

Seniors Prom - R rated comedy set in Denver suburbs about a group of adults that decide to hold a prom for adults that never got to experience one. Chaos ensues that prom night.

All finished, formatted, and printed. I outline in Word, type in Final Draft Pro, convert to PDF, and print and bind at Office Depot. My problem is I jump back and forth between projects so they all take longer. A couple of things are in the outline/brainstorm phase while some are sitting at 40-60 pages. Other projects in those phases...

Untitled News Comedy - set in Tampa about a morning news anchor who discovers the news station he works for wants to assassinate the governor of Florida. He and his buddy cameraman must figure out a way to stop the NBC station from successful doing it.

The Negotiation (tentative) thriller about NYC #1 hostage negotiator who witnesses a bank robbery, fails to convince the robbers, one kills the owner, and it scars him. He starts slipping in his work and decides to pursue the killers/robbers and bring them to justice. 

Hot Salsa, action comedy set in Mexico where a guy is caught trying to steal from a drug lord/millionaire and the millionaire decides to let him live if he can make it to the US border.

Untitled Baseball Movie set in Florida about a guy named John Kyle Woodruff who was a rookie kicked out of the MLB in 1996, then decides to take a swing at the Minor Leagues 6 years later to try to pay for his sisters hospital treatment after she gets very sick.

The Atoll, set in the Pacific about a couple that takes a private plane for a vacation, it crashes on an atoll and the wife wants to try to get back home to San Fran, while the husband would rather stay, get rid of the stress of work and life, and spend the rest of their lives on the atoll together.

Cumulus, political disaster movie when meteorologists create a weather machine to help a North American drought. It's highly controversial, approved, voted on in the 2016 elections and put into affect. Everythings good at first, and then things don't go according to plan.

Untitled Thriller, about a guy, named John per se, who works for the CIA or something and finds out another guy, Alexi per se, is really working for a terrorist organization. Alexi decides to let John live, but only if he doesnt squeel. Alexi threatens to kill John and his family if John blows his rogue agent cover. Alexi uses John and after other agents are killed by Alexi's organization (through John's inside info), John is pushed to the limit and must figure out how to expose Alexi while keeping his family safe.

Precognition (tentative) - a guy named Grant dreams about whatever he writes in his dream journal. NBA star, movie star, astronaut, etc. He has a hard time convincing others though that he can really do it. A guy named Levi that he got put in jail years ago is released and steals the journal and starts to writes a nightmare (or an event you wouldn't want to go through) every night and Grant sleeps less and less and starts to get paranoid and must find the journal before he loses control of his conscious life and his loved ones.

Murphy's Law - comedy about everything going wrong to a guy after he lets his friend talk him into going out.

The Wingman, comedy kind of like Hitch.

United Stewarts of Australia - sequel to USA 

Kijani, 3 American reporters go to the African country of Kijani to do a report on a developing war for their CNN-esque company, and the cameraman is killed and the female reporter is kidnapped by the rebel group, and the main character decides to try to rescue her. He teams up with a European man who wants vengeance on the same rebel leader. 

Untitled Touch Drama, A drama about a college kid who is hit by a truck on his bike on campus and then afterwards fears being touched by anyone and anything, which of course begins to create problems. 

Milton Christmas - Christmas family comedy about a guy who spends Xmas with his divorced wife, her new husband, and his adults kids after one of the kids lets it slip that the family is getting together. Think of SLP meets Meet the Parents.

The Industry - A guy finds out the appliance company he works for is really making nuclear weapons and he has to do something about it before they excite nuclear war.

Urban Legend - One of the smartest math teens on Earth actually lives in the hood and is discovered by a stock broker who wants to help him utilize his skill, while "the hood" wants to keep him back and live how he was raised.

Seniors Trip - sequel to Seniors Prom where they take a trip somewhere.

The Green Baron - based off an episode of "I Almost Got Away With It". A pilot in the 1970's who begins to fly drugs from Cuba to Florida and begins a luxurious life, until he and his flight buddy crash into a radio tower at night, land in the Everglades, and then he survives the crash and must go on the run to Australia. 

Silo, action drama about a guy who finds an alien on his rural Illinois farm and hides him in his silo, until the government finds out.

Hot Air, Speed on a private business jet.

Untitled Cop Comedy - about two cop/detectives in Atlanta who after 6 years are told by their boss they cant work together and are both assigned new partners. One, a inept rookie, and another a tough SLJ-esque ex-military cop. 

So yeah, lots and lots of ideas. Ironically my first script, The Takeover (tentative), is the one I stopped. It's a comedy about a guy who goes out with his friend, his friend uses his phone, his wife thinks hes cheating on him, they crash their car, and he wakes up in the hospital told that she was there as well, but it turns out she wasnt, and then a wild goose chase from LA to Florida along I-10 ensues. I've pretty much taken most of the jokes from that and placed them into my other scripts. Also want to create a tv show called Dormiside, that would based off my and my friends' experiences here at college.

Edited by Ayy Lmao
  • Like 9

These sound really good, Ayy Lmao, especially the Untitled News Comedy (a modern day Network?) and Cumulus. I'd love to read some more of your things, you sound like a great writer.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1

Teachers Lounge - R rated comedy set in central Florida about a high school students and teachers that have to spend more time together after a drug bust at the school

United Stewarts of America - PG road trip comedy about a dad who decides to take his spoiled family on a cross country trip from Long Island to LA

Shanghai - thriller about a CIA employee who gets a job offer in China, but the Chinese company is really a "terrorist" organization. They kidnap him at his interview and tell him he has to commit espionage on the US, but he escapes and they frame him for an attack. Now he has to figure out how to get out of China and how they found about him. Chinese villains so I have to re-write it for Tokyo or Seoul or something.

Robotcracy - my passion project. A company called Carosoft (Caro as in Carolina, gotta pay homage) creates robots, but one of the developers had other plans and creates a virus that released the robots on a rampage through Houston. The head developer Alexander, has to team up with another employee, Patrick, and travel 20 miles through Houston to try to shut them off, meanwhile the main robot, Aron One, has other plans. It's an action thriller, but also kind of a buddy comedy. Lots of witty humor in it.

Seniors Prom - R rated comedy set in Denver suburbs about a group of adults that decide to hold a prom for adults that never got to experience one. Chaos ensues that prom night.

All finished, formatted, and printed. I outline in Word, type in Final Draft Pro, convert to PDF, and print and bind at Office Depot. My problem is I jump back and forth between projects so they all take longer. A couple of things are in the outline/brainstorm phase while some are sitting at 40-60 pages. Other projects in those phases...

Untitled News Comedy - set in Tampa about a morning news anchor who discovers the news station he works for wants to assassinate the governor of Florida. He and his buddy cameraman must figure out a way to stop the NBC station from successful doing it.

The Negotiation (tentative) thriller about NYC #1 hostage negotiator who witnesses a bank robbery, fails to convince the robbers, one kills the owner, and it scars him. He starts slipping in his work and decides to pursue the killers/robbers and bring them to justice. 

Hot Salsa, action comedy set in Mexico where a guy is caught trying to steal from a drug lord/millionaire and the millionaire decides to let him live if he can make it to the US border.

Untitled Baseball Movie set in Florida about a guy named John Kyle Woodruff who was a rookie kicked out of the MLB in 1996, then decides to take a swing at the Minor Leagues 6 years later to try to pay for his sisters hospital treatment after she gets very sick.

The Atoll, set in the Pacific about a couple that takes a private plane for a vacation, it crashes on an atoll and the wife wants to try to get back home to San Fran, while the husband would rather stay, get rid of the stress of work and life, and spend the rest of their lives on the atoll together.

Cumulus, political disaster movie when meteorologists create a weather machine to help a North American drought. It's highly controversial, approved, voted on in the 2016 elections and put into affect. Everythings good at first, and then things don't go according to plan.

Precognition (tentative) - a guy named Grant dreams about whatever he writes in his dream journal. NBA star, movie star, astronaut, etc. He has a hard time convincing others though that he can really do it. A guy named Levi that he got put in jail years ago is released and steals the journal and starts to writes a nightmare (or an event you wouldn't want to go through) every night and Grant sleeps less and less and starts to get paranoid and must find the journal before he loses control of his conscious life and his loved ones.

Murphy's Law - comedy about everything going wrong to a guy after he lets his friend talk him into going out.

Kijani, 3 American reporters go to the African country of Kijani to do a report on a developing war for their CNN-esque company, and the cameraman is killed and the female reporter is kidnapped by the rebel group, and the main character decides to try to rescue her. He teams up with a European man who wants vengeance on the same rebel leader. 

Untitled Touch Drama, A drama about a college kid who is hit by a truck on his bike on campus and then afterwards fears being touched by anyone and anything, which of course begins to create problems. 

Milton Christmas - Christmas family comedy about a guy who spends Xmas with his divorced wife, her new husband, and his adults kids after one of the kids lets it slip that the family is getting together. Think of SLP meets Meet the Parents.

The Industry - A guy finds out the appliance company he works for is really making nuclear weapons and he has to do something about it before they excite nuclear war.

Urban Legend - One of the smartest math teens on Earth actually lives in the hood and is discovered by a stock broker who wants to help him utilize his skill, while "the hood" wants to keep him back and live how he was raised.

The Green Baron - based off an episode of "I Almost Got Away With It". A pilot in the 1970's who begins to fly drugs from Cuba to Florida and begins a luxurious life, until he and his flight buddy crash into a radio tower at night, land in the Everglades, and then he survives the crash and must go on the run to Australia. 

Silo, action drama about a guy who finds an alien on his rural Illinois farm and hides him in his silo, until the government finds out.

Untitled Cop Comedy - about two cop/detectives in Atlanta who after 6 years are told by their boss they cant work together and are both assigned new partners. One, a inept rookie, and another a tough SLJ-esque ex-military cop. 

So yeah, lots and lots of ideas. Ironically my first script, The Takeover (tentative), is the one I stopped. It's a comedy about a guy who goes out with his friend, his friend uses his phone, his wife thinks hes cheating on him, they crash their car, and he wakes up in the hospital told that she was there as well, but it turns out she wasnt, and then a wild goose chase from LA to Florida along I-10 ensues. I've pretty much taken most of the jokes from that and placed them into my other scripts. Also want to create a tv show called Dormiside, that would based off my and my friends' experiences here at college.

I think I read the robot on?

Can I read Senior Prom? Sounds like fun.

• Like 1

Oh yeah and I wrote a full length Family Guy episode. Teles seen it.

These sound really good, Ayy Lmao, especially the Untitled News Comedy (a modern day Network?) and Cumulus. I'd love to read some more of your things, you sound like a great writer.

Cumulus I want to be realistic as possible, so i have to do weather research along with it, so Im not starting that for a long while, but I can send you the outline. The news station one ive just wrote down a couple jokes and scenes so far.

I think I read the robot on? Can I read Senior Prom? Sounds like fun.

Once I get them copy written I may share. I send or post the song list tho haha, and maybe a couple snippets.
  • Like 3

So, is the next part coming out tomorrow at 10AM sharp?....... :P

Nah mane, I need a break. 18 took forever and that computer screen hurt my eyes. It was so bad that I had to go the hospital. They slipped something into my stomach and now my eyes are too good. I can see data streams floating in the air and peoples internal organs. Not only that, but I can throw people with my mind and read Chinese. This is all new to me and to be honest, scary. Let me spends a couple more days unlocking the secrets of the universe, then Part 19 will be ready.
  • Like 3

Nah mane, I need a break. 18 took forever and that computer screen hurt my eyes. It was so bad that I had to go the hospital. They slipped something into my stomach and now my eyes are too good. I can see data streams floating in the air and peoples internal organs. Not only that, but I can throw people with my mind and read Chinese. This is all new to me and to be honest, scary. Let me spends a couple more days unlocking the secrets of the universe, then Part 19 will be ready.

:rofl: you know, come to think of it, your situation sounds a lot like a movie I've heard of........Oh! That's right, I think it was Alien. Yeah, that dude had something inside of him and then.....Never mind :ph34r:
  • Like 4

Oh yeah and I wrote a full length Family Guy episode. Teles seen it.Cumulus I want to be realistic as possible, so i have to do weather research along with it, so Im not starting that for a long while, but I can send you the outline. The news station one ive just wrote down a couple jokes and scenes so far.Once I get them copy written I may share. I send or post the song list tho haha, and maybe a couple snippets.

I mean I guess I'll take the song.

• Like 1

Untitled Thriller, about a guy, named John per se, who works for the CIA or something and finds out another guy, Alexi per se, is really working for a terrorist organization. Alexi decides to let John live, but only if he doesnt squeel. Alexi threatens to kill John and his family if John blows his rogue agent cover. Alexi uses John and after other agents are killed by Alexi's organization (through John's inside info), John is pushed to the limit and must figure out how to expose Alexi while keeping his family safe.

Posted Image

• Like 4

So, is the next part coming out tomorrow at 10AM sharp?....... :P

No but really, I don't want to take up space here so I'll try to have 19 by Thursday.

I mean I guess I'll take the song.

“Get Buck In Here” DJ Felli Fel

“Party in the USA” Miley Cyrus

“Poppin Bottles” TI

“Pop That” French Montana

“Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites” Skrillex

“I Luv It” by Young Jeezy

“Hotel Room Service” Pitbull

“We Are Young” Fun

“I Want to Know What Love Is” Foreigner

“Alive” Krewella

“Suit and Tie” Justin Timberlake

“Tonight is the Night” Outasight

“Promiscuous” Nelly Furtado

“I Gotta Feeling” The Black Eyed Peas

“This is How We Do It” Montell Jordan

“Fancy" Iggy Azalea

“The Thong Song” Sisqo

“Get Low” by Lil Jon/Eastside Boyz/Ying Yang Twins

“Who Let the Dogs Out” Baha Men

“Ignition Remix” R Kelly

“Wobble” VIC

“W.T.P.” Eminem

“Big Girls Don’t Cry” Fergie

“Never Gonna Give You Up” Rick Astley

“Stayin Alive” Bee Gees

“Show Me” Kid Ink

“Come and Get It” Selena Gomez

These are the current list of songs. I keep chang add one/take off every now and then, but thats pretty much it. I'll let you check out the whole thing after I copywrite.

• Like 4

Well, after today, i think we know what will cause the 2nd annual Games.

And we know Kelli is actually a sell-out and not worthy of the Girl on Fire title. :(

Fuck it, let Walt Disney win it all, I say.

• Like 4