iceroll

Attack On Titan

I've watched the first half of the show. Planning on watching the second half some time, once the anime finishes. Already read the manga.

It's a bizarre, sickening show, but you can't help but keep watching. The Titans are quite frankly the living manifestations of Uncanny Valley and that's even before they start eating people. I'd say I slightly prefer the anime, if only because the manga's artwork is hit and miss, although the manga has covered a lot more events and doesn't shy away from the gory details as much as the anime does. The characters aren't anything too special (although there are some good ones) and the main character, Eren, tends to rub me the wrong way every so often, but it's still enjoyable. I'll admit though, I still don't understand why this is classed as a Shonen series, since it's darker than most Seinen's

Anyway, final words, this series is definitely not for the squeamish. Definitely. I rarely get squeamish watching horror movies, but this made even me feel uncomfortable. It's still really enjoyable though.

Bit of a major spoiler there for people who haven't seen the show. You might want to sort that out.

That said, if that's where they're finishing the show, I expect there'll be a second season some time. Not that I doubted there'd be, considering the series's popularity.

I've watched the first half of the show. Planning on watching the second half some time, once the anime finishes. Already read the manga.

It's a bizarre, sickening show, but you can't help but keep watching. The Titans are quite frankly the living manifestations of Uncanny Valley and that's even before they start eating people. I'd say I slightly prefer the anime, if only because the manga's artwork is hit and miss, although the manga has covered a lot more events and doesn't shy away from the gory details as much as the anime does. The characters aren't anything too special (although there are some good ones) and the main character, Eren, tends to rub me the wrong way every so often, but it's still enjoyable. I'll admit though, I still don't understand why this is classed as a Shonen series, since it's darker than most Seinen's

Anyway, final words, this series is definitely not for the squeamish. Definitely. I rarely get squeamish watching horror movies, but this made even me feel uncomfortable. It's still really enjoyable though.

Attack On Titan is considered a Shonen because it's published by a Shonen magazine....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessatsu_Sh%C5%8Dnen_Magazine

Attack On Titan is considered a Shonen because it's published by a Shonen magazine....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessatsu_Sh%C5%8Dnen_Magazine

Yes, but it should've been published in a Seinen magazine. The very translation of Shonen means 'young boy'. This is not a series for young boys.

Apparently season 2 won't come out till like Summer 2015.  Why does everything good have to wait till 2015??

You should stay ahead and read the manga like I do.

Okay, that's a lie, you probably shouldn't read the manga. The content is good, but the art is terrible.

If you're looking for other series to watch in the meantime, you can always check out the Anime Thread. 

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/11726-the-anime-thread-the-spring-season-is-here/

(Because, damn it, I want to get some sort of regular public going for this.)

You should stay ahead and read the manga like I do.

Okay, that's a lie, you probably shouldn't read the manga. The content is good, but the art is terrible.

If you're looking for other series to watch in the meantime, you can always check out the Anime Thread. 

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/11726-the-anime-thread-the-spring-season-is-here/

(Because, damn it, I want to get some sort of regular public going for this.)

I haven't watched an anime series since Bleach in like... 2009.  I used to be pretty into Naruto, Death Note and Zatch Bell too but I guess I grew out of it, or it stopped appealing to me.  I think part of the reason Attack On Titan is so great is its widespread appeal and how it differs from the format of most other animes/tv shows.

Just started on Toonami, and I've got to say, that was one of the most intense, emotional animations I've ever seen. Animation and art was incredible! At least the first episode...holy crap!

Edited by OmegaSupreme

This appears to be the next big Anime show in North America.

This show is very dark.

How the soldiers act so pessimistic and dark and serious and the sheer fear that everyone has.

The overwhelming nature of the Titans and their cruelty and the lack of real reasoning over their actions and what they actually are. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1