kayumanggi

TUESDAY NUMBERS 05/27/14 | 8.2 M X-M: DOFP | We have a new God. | All #s on p19 | All DeHaan, All DeTime

Similar to Superman V Batman: Dawn of the Living Justice, they'll be adding in other characters to try to boost the appeal of the sequel. It should work for both movies.

Well, yes, it could play out that way, but Department of Justice has the novelty factor going for it. It's gonna increase tremendously over MoS's opening because it has Batman in it. They can't throw anything in the Godzilla sequel that would eclipse Godzilla itself in terms of iconic status, thus turning it into an event simply because they're in the same movie.

They will definitely sell it as far more action-packed, but I still feel that a decrease is possible for Godzilla 2, simply because this one opened so big. Had it opened to 70 million, I would have considered an increase even with this WOM. As is, 93 million is gigantic for a first movie. Right now, not knowing the plot or release date, I would say a 10 million decrease.

Well he's gonna have to do SOMETHING, either get right down to the action and show more GODZILLA to please the folks who bagged on the movie cause of this, otherwise, the sequel will perform like the 1st movie and again, this should've done MUCH better than it is..

Do something you say?

Posted Image

600 DOM/ 2b WW boo yeah lol

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning in the Wednesday numbers thread.  

Welcome to the forums, spatulashack. (Even though you joined a little over a year ago.) ;)

• Like 4

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning in the Wednesday numbers thread.  

Daily threads just got crazier. Totally what we needed to make the time between each Friday pass quickly. 

• Like 5

Also, Spatula, please make the numbers for DOFP show a decrease of less than 20%. Thank you!

Yeah, I was just thinking all DOFP has to do is drop 30% and it's right back behind X3.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Well, yes, it could play out that way, but Department of Justice has the novelty factor going for it. It's gonna increase tremendously over MoS's opening because it has Batman in it. They can't throw anything in the Godzilla sequel that would eclipse Godzilla itself in terms of iconic status, thus turning it into an event simply because they're in the same movie.They will definitely sell it as far more action-packed, but I still feel that a decrease is possible for Godzilla 2, simply because this one opened so big. Had it opened to 70 million, I would have considered an increase even with this WOM. As is, 93 million is gigantic for a first movie. Right now, not knowing the plot or release date, I would say a 10 million decrease.

Possible? A decrease for Godzilla 2 is guaranteed. Probably overseas as well