BadAtGender

Thursday Numbers - Maleficent 5.4, DoFP 2.6 (Rth)

A vengers jumped 69%.

With the first game of the NBA finals on Thursday that will have affected the BO performance of most films. I expect some strong Friday increases and some harsh Sunday drops due to game two of the finals.

Edited by B J
  • Like 1

With the first game of the NBA finals on Thursday that will have affected the BO performance of most films. I expect some strong Friday increases and some harsh Sunday drops due to game two of the finals.

Very interesting. Didn't think about that

So given the previews and the match, we had a strong Thursday

Edited by stripe
  • Like 1

A vengers jumped 69%.

Went up 6% on Thurs and lost about 200 more theaters on Fri.

MIB3 JUMPED 70%.

Went up 2.3% on Thurs and lost about 200 more theaters on Fri.

DOFP dropped on Thurs, it has more room to increase then the films you mentioned.

X3 went down 3.4% on Thu then rose 108% on Fri losing about 200 less theaters than DOFP. 

With an 8% drop on Thurs and losing less than 10% of its theaters, I think a 90-100% increase is a good bet.

• Like 2

GODZILLA will have just enough in the gas tank to reach 200M Domestic, then crap out til the Blu-Ray Special Edition with all the extra deleted stuff that should've been in the movie actually ends up in the movie in this Edition..

I don't think so. It's dropped behind ASM2 pace.  It made $16,661,449 v $21,734,555 for the last week and is now only $2m ahead in total which will probably be erased by Monday.  

• Like 1

I'd say Nicholas Cage for the sequel, don't kill him off like Cranston so early in the movie, and a DESTROY ALL MONSTERS Plotline taking place on an island where these things go, despite sounding like a JP Ripoff, DESTROY ALL MONSTERS came 1st...

Nicholas Cage for the sequel would be an excellent way to guarantee an increase