Blackout

Monday Actuals: 22JS 3.64, Dragon 3.12, TLAM2 2.48, Malef 1.75, JB 1.47, FIOS 1.43, EoT 1.2, DOFP 0.792

This was the first one in the series right? I like that one the best. I love these " 1 man against everybody else" types of actioners.

It was. They just had to go and make the sequel titles so confusing though, Rambo: First Blood: Part II, Rambo III and then Rambo. Wha???

• Like 1

It was. They just had to go and make the sequel titles so confusing though, Rambo: First Blood: Part II, Rambo III and then Rambo. Wha???

LMAO I guess they weren't expecting sequels. They just made them up as they went along.

• Like 1

Both so good. Such an awesome time for that brand of actioner. Lethal Weapon, Lethal Weapon 2, Die Hard, Die Harder, RoboCop, Total Recall, Cobra, First Blood, Action Jackson, Predator, Commando, Out For Justice, etc... Truly an era unto itself. And, admittedly, I adore Last Action Hero for celebrating and parodying it.

Last Action Hero is fucking awesome. Love that movie.

• Like 3

One thing I can say about the 80s-90s action era. Those actors had tons of charisma. Does anybody remember Next of Kin? It had Liam Neeson as a hillbilly, Patrick Swayze was his brother a cop in the city somewhere, and Bill Paxton was another brother. It had Ben Stiller as a villian, lol. I don't know what to make of the movie except for Liam Neeson is still kicking ass on the big screen.

• Like 2

One thing I can say about the 80s-90s action era. Those actors had tons of charisma. Does anybody remember Next of Kin? It had Liam Neeson as a hillbilly, Patrick Swayze was his brother a cop in the city somewhere, and Bill Paxton was another brother. It had Ben Stiller as a villian, lol. I don't know what to make of the movie except for Liam Neeson is still kicking ass on the big screen.

Early 80s into the early 90s was a very bizarre era. Ushered in filmmakers like Gilliam, Verhoeven, Burton, Black, Cronenberg, Harlin, Cameron, Ridley Scott, Tony Scott, Kat Bigelow. Just a very a fun era with plenty of surrealism both in performance and presentation.

• Like 2

The original LETHAL WEAPON has some surprisingly dark character moments. The sequels got increasingly silly, and there are certainly plenty of fun moments in the first one too, but they don't play up Gibson's suicidal depression as all fun-and-games. It's a great action movie.

I can't believe they're rebooting PREDATOR. Not that the original is perfect -- what movie is? -- but honestly, what's the point? Especially with Shane Black doing it. What's next, maybe can they get Tarantino to remake RESERVOIR DOGS? I know! Maybe Luc Besson could reboot FIFTH ELEMENT!

• Like 4

The original LETHAL WEAPON has some surprisingly dark character moments. The sequels got increasingly silly, and there are certainly plenty of fun moments in the first one too, but they don't play up Gibson's suicidal depression as all fun-and-games. It's a great action movie.

I can't believe they're rebooting PREDATOR. Not that the original is perfect -- what movie is? -- but honestly, what's the point? Especially with Shane Black doing it. What's next, maybe can they get Tarantino to remake RESERVOIR DOGS? I know! Maybe Luc Besson could reboot FIFTH ELEMENT!

So true.

• Like 4

Lethal Weapon was brilliant. As was Predator.

I just watched Commando again a few days ago, and holy crap, that movie holds up well! In fact I think that movie has actually gotten better over the years. Seriously.

• Like 2

Early 80s into the early 90s was a very bizarre era. Ushered in filmmakers like Gilliam, Verhoeven, Burton, Black, Cronenberg, Harlin, Cameron, Ridley Scott, Tony Scott, Kat Bigelow. Just a very a fun era with plenty of surrealism both in performance and presentation.

I just found out recently (within the last few years) that she (a female) directed that movie.  Keanu Reeves was so hot.

• Like 1