Blackout

Monday Actuals: 22JS 3.64, Dragon 3.12, TLAM2 2.48, Malef 1.75, JB 1.47, FIOS 1.43, EoT 1.2, DOFP 0.792

Agreed with what others have said: just watch things. I've been making an effort this year to actually see stuff I haven't before. One huge advantage of my job is I can throw stuff on as background noise, which means I can potentially see 2-4 movies a day that way.

Ugh, I could never watch a movie as background noise; sorry

I actually watched "Greed" on TCM a long long time ago. Back in 98-99 IIRC. In India, Cartoon Network would end at 9pm back then and transfer to TNT/TCM, basically this

http://youtu.be/id_AKE7pNFE

I used to hate that handover. Once I stuck around post the handover and they were explaining about Greed and how it was a lost movie and how they have only restored 2 hours of the 4 hour running time prior to playing the movie. And I actually sat and watched the movie, it was okay I guess.

The lost version is over 20 hours long. :lol:

• Like 1

In all honesty, PoI has some filler episodes. During seasons 2 and 3, there haven't been many - most of them are interconnected. But some of that filler...yikes! HOWEVER...overall, I consider it the best action-drama on network TV. Hell, if it were playing on cable, I'm sure its recognition would be far greater. But playing on CBS, at 10PM, it gets lost in the midst of all the usual CBS procedurals, despite the big audience it's getting.

Awesome cast - both main and supporting/recurring - character development, awesome action, great story-telling and a very good topic (anticipating the revelations regarding the NSA).

That ending to season 3...goddamn! And of course, the middle-season three-episode mini-arc was some of the best TV I've ever seen.

I mean, it's the fucking perfect Batman tv show, complete with a rogues gallery worthy of the Dark Knight.

Hopefully the evil global AI Skynet thing is resolved by the end of Season 4 so we can go back to the best aspect of PoI: Elias vs. Everyone Else in Gotha-I mean New York City.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

Spotted today in downtown LA:

Posted Image

Ironically, my cousin just started Stanford grad school and I was talking to her mom, my aunt, on the phone today and was like "so can you tell youre in California? Have you seen any weird people?"

Apparently she was just 6 hours too north.

• Like 2

Well, I guess it is a good thing I was working from home today. Wouldn't want to be at ground zero when the invasion begins.

Begins? They've been here for quite awhile!

Ironically, my cousin just started Stanford grad school and I was talking to her mom, my aunt, on the phone today and was like "so can you tell youre in California? Have you seen any weird people?"Apparently she was just 6 hours too north.

OBEY. CONSUME.

• Like 4