Blackout

Wednesday #s (Spatula): Dragon 3.53, 22JS 3.46, Malef 1.93, TLAM2 1.85, JB 1.6, FIOS 1.51, EoT 1.22, DOFP 0.83

BTW, my family all likes Valkyrie over Inglourious Basterds besides me  :unsure:

Valkyrie is good, but your family is wrong. Inglorious Bastards is a far better movie. 

Edited by Empire
  • Like 6

Final thoughts on Free Birds

Ending was miraculously stupid

Amy Poehler is probably having the biggest step-up in animation history with going from this movie to Inside Out

Great time

• Like 2

Only on this forum would a Wednesday box office thread dissolve into a RiffTrax screening of fuckin' Free Birds (a very recent movie I completely forgot even existed until now). Oy!

It's hilarious in its atrocity

LOL I remember reading a review for Free Birds that said it ends with a message that pizza is the only food that is perfect to eat all the time or something like that. That must please nutritionists to the high heavens.

PIZZASGIVING Y'ALL

Now there are three Reggie's. As if one wasn't enough.

Highlight of the movie when the fourth one popped out of nowhere

Edited by Blankments

usual megaplex bots are at 845 with 3 hours left {nm}  notfabio on Jun 26, 21:10

it just needs double by end of night to be top performing Thu show this year {nm}  notfabio on Jun 26, 21:21

at 1175 now it'll probably get around 1600 {nm}  notfabio on Jun 26, 22:42

I would be surprised if it breaks out this weekend {nm}  notfabio on Jun 26, 22:48

For comparison

22JS 1100

Godzilla 1150

X-Men around 1300-1400 based on interim figures

Cap 2 1300

TASM2 1515

• Like 1

I could never bring myself to watch Free Birds even once. Not even for free.

A true shame :(

Okay, I'm going to skip the several pages of Free Birds liveblog. But since it seems to be the thing to do tonight, I'll give it a watchthrough myself.

I've seen plenty of bad animation. I can do this.

HUZZAH

This thread is the last time anyone anywhere will ever speak of Free Birds until the end of the time.

Not if I have anything to say about that.

Saw Jump Street tonight. LOVED it. A comedy sequel that isn't lame. Who knew?

ALL PRAISES BE TO LORD MILLER

Clearly that Turduken mid credit scene was a set up for a sequel that will never happen.

Maybe in RL, but I really want to write a CAYOM sequel

Thank you Blank, Spaghetti and Fancy(I GG Y) for jumping on that Free Birds grenade

No problem; you should'vejoined us

Truly a film for all times.

A modern day classic

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

So, this movie is both really anachronistic, even beyond the time travel elements. It's also dated in its humor. And really derivative.

AND AMAZING

Well, okay then. Free Birds is probably completely forgettable. Almost nothing in it that hasn't been done better elsewhere.

Not offensively bad, though. It's just sorta there.

Come on man, it's sure surreality  is amazing

Valkyrie is good, but your family is wrong. Inglorious Bastards is a far better movie. 

I agree. Inglourious is my fave Tarantino

usual megaplex bots are at 845 with 3 hours left {nm}  notfabio on Jun 26, 21:10

it just needs double by end of night to be top performing Thu show this year {nm}  notfabio on Jun 26, 21:21

at 1175 now it'll probably get around 1600 {nm}  notfabio on Jun 26, 22:42

I would be surprised if it breaks out this weekend {nm}  notfabio on Jun 26, 22:48

For comparison

22JS 1100

Godzilla 1150

X-Men around 1300-1400 based on interim figures

Cap 2 1300

TASM2 1515

Ugh

Missed opportunity not to have the multiple SSteves speakI really want to write a Werner Herzog directed sequel for CAYOM.

Now that would be interesting, wouldn't it?

Course it's just a pipe dream and not going to happen, but still a guy can dream.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1