CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

The # of tickets sold for each movie at the theater Rallax works at. 

Cool thought you guys were doing  a Chinese Debut comparison.. I was about say woah! LOL.

If Prime scores a 41-45M OD... Im going to be posting some Transfomers themed celebration.

We really needed a big opening after Spider flop, the incredible Dragon 2 dissappointed at the domestic BO

> Now can Prime reach that 290-300+M marks... GOing to be interesting.

• Like 1

Well all I can say in repsonse is the numbers don't lie. From my friends only films that peaked any interest was CA2 and DOFP and Godzilla.

All three of those movies have had good runs. So have MALEFICENT, NEIGHBORS, 22 JUMP.... in fact, the only two movies you could say have significantly underperformed (compared to expectations) are TASM2 and DRAGON 2. There haven't been any huge breakout hits, sure, but there's been a lot of solid mid-performers.
  • Like 3

My wife said she couldn't sleep correctly in her seat and with shit blowing up every 5 mins.Also, that was the biggest rip-off IMAX movie. Wasn't this filmed with IMAX Digital camera? More of the screen is covered when it's converted. Only about 60% of the Lincoln Square IMAX screen was used.

• Like 2

My wife said she couldn't sleep correctly in her seat and with shit blowing up every 5 mins.Also, that was the biggest rip-off IMAX movie. Wasn't this filmed with IMAX Digital camera? More of the screen is covered when it's converted. Only about 60% of the Lincoln Square IMAX screen was used.

Remember what I was saying, a week or so ago? The difference between real and LieMAX won't be much at all because the aspect ratio of the Digital IMAX cameras is 1.9:1.
  • Like 1

Remember what I was saying, a week or so ago? The difference between real and LieMAX won't be much at all because the aspect ratio of the Digital IMAX cameras is 1.9:1.

So converted IMAX is what ratio again?

Wow man that is really faked right there.. What!!!  The film didnt take full advantage of our world famous

mega  Imax Ed? :(. Damn.. I still what to go to lincoln square to see this though.. Cant beat almost 90 feet high a

nd 140-160 foot wide king of the beasts Imax screen.. :)

Tele what percent you give Optimus to make 290-300M?

Maybe 20 percent chance. It needed to open significantly above 100 to have a good chance (say 110 or up). I wish it would, if for no other reason than it would help me in the summer game, but right now I think 260 or so is its best bet.
  • Like 2

Yes, i did a post about this other day...if was filmed using Imax digital camera, but no 15/70 films versions were made, so everyones running digital imax which as you probably know has smaller footprint in the proper Imax theatres, however ratio for this one was suppose to make screen size a bit bigger but nothing like full screen if 15/70 print was showing.

• Like 2

Tele are you going to see it  in Imax. Im very interested because James Cameron helped with sugguestions

in part 3 and that building falling and other sequences were amongst the best of the best with that Avatar

Stereo 3D Camera technology. James supposingly gave some input  and ideas to Bay for Part IV as well

Someone needs to stop Michael Bay from raping the Transformer franchise. I don't even know what the fuck I just watched.

It's pretty annoying the way the term "rape" gets tossed around (not just here, but in almost all Internet communities). Find a different word.

• Like 8

Maybe 20 percent chance. It needed to open significantly above 100 to have a good chance (say 110 or up).I wish it would, if for no other reason than it would help me in the summer game, but right now I think 260 or so is its best bet.

Thanks I hope it suprises us all thanks to its wow moments in repeat business, but some of the WOM here

has me worried Tele..lol

It's pretty annoying the way the term "rape" gets tossed around (not just here, but in almost all Internet communities). Find a different word.

rape4. an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation:

Well, I mean, it's not like he's misusing the word.

• Like 1

Another film I think may suprise like Malificent is Lucy.. Alot of Avengers and ScarJo fansma

y tune in and it doesnt hurt to have one of thbest and most consistent actors of all time also in the driving

seat... Morgan Freeman.

Lucy looks very  interesting.. :)

So converted IMAX is what ratio again?

What do you mean, converted IMAX? Anamorphic widescreen films are 2.35:1. 15/70 film is much squarer, around 1.33:1. Since the native IMAX screens are designed for that 1.33:1 image, projecting anything wider means you're not using space at the top and bottom of the screen. I think when they do the conversions, they'll usually crop some off the sides to make it a bit squarer (to fill the screen more).1.9:1 means the Image will basically fill a LieMAX screen (which is closer to a 1.85:1 ratio), but it won't be as impressive as 15/70 film projected on a 15/70-native screen.

All three of those movies have had good runs. So have MALEFICENT, NEIGHBORS, 22 JUMP.... in fact, the only two movies you could say have significantly underperformed (compared to expectations) are TASM2 and DRAGON 2. There haven't been any huge breakout hits, sure, but there's been a lot of solid mid-performers.

However all the previous summers had similar mid level hits  mixed in with massive wide hits as well.

The fact that no film will hit 300 million this summer is rather crazy because you have to go back to 2001 when ticket were like 2/3 of the current price and no 3D.

Imo this summer was a big letdown from a domestic box office point of view

Edited by Lordmandeep