Shawn Robbins

The Great Box Office Recession? -- Discussing the Up & Down Trends of the Box Office Market

Will the Disappointing BO Extend to Summer 2013?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Disappointing BO Extend to Summer 2013?

• YES!
    • YES/NO! As some Big Budget Movies Won't be Affected!
    • NO!

I don't get why you will still see it CJohn? But then I guess if all your friends finally are getting off their asses from downloading, it would be good to go.

The last movie we saw together was Immortals. TDI will probably be the next.

Then at least give your money to another film and sneak in

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:The other movies opening here in the same weekend are Journey 2 and One for the Money... don't care about any of them, but I will likely end up seeing Journey 2.

If they follow this guy's advice, I doubt we'll be seeing any ticket price changes soon

http://www.deadline....ebound-in-2012/

And that's true. April-September was actually quite good last year. It was the first and last three months that really stunk.

That guy's looking at it the wrong way. Q2 and Q3 were still quite average from an admissions POV. And if they lower the ticket prices there would have been more admissions.

I don't know why they don't at least try it, just to see what effect it might have.

A continuous downward trend... is a recession.

You usually end up with a recovery though after a recession. I think he's saying the trend is downward and it will be permanent, not just a temporary thing.

Exactly Magic. I mean ticket sales have been declining for at least a decade. Only reason we had up years (revenue) like 2009/2010 is because of increased ticket prices/3D premiums/IMAX... but the market seems to have reached their maximum price point and are opting to stay home now rather than pay the outrageous prices. Edited by rockNrollaDIM