Shawn Robbins

The Great Box Office Recession? -- Discussing the Up & Down Trends of the Box Office Market

Will the Disappointing BO Extend to Summer 2013?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Disappointing BO Extend to Summer 2013?

• YES!
    • YES/NO! As some Big Budget Movies Won't be Affected!
    • NO!

For me it is alot easier to anticipate films 2 years away (2013) than it would one year away because you have alot more of an idea were most of the more recent projects are going, how they will look.....2012 looks far superior to me than 2013, but I don't think it will be enough to save us from this BO recession.

The Wicker Man <3 Kills me everytime. :lol:

Best comedy ever. I laugh so hard with it."How did it get burned!?""Not the bees!!! My eyes!!! Ahrhhhhhh"Gold my friends. Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

2011'S Total Domestic Box Office Falls Short Of 2010'S TallyMost exhibitors will tell you that the movie business is cyclical. With that in mind, there's no reason to panic about 2011 being a down year at the domestic box office.2011 was behind in a big way from the very beginning. 2010 benefited immensely from the fact that Avatar, a film released in December 2009, made more than $380 million during the calendar year. Since an Avatar-level blockbuster doesn't happen every year, it's no surprise that 2011 simply wasn't able to catch up.While there were plenty of duds released in 2011, it's unfair to label a year that produced three billion-dollar worldwide hits—Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2—as a complete disappointment.Without further ado, here are the estimated stats:January 1 - December 31, 2011: $10,180,000,000January 1 - December 31, 2010: $10,570,500,000Total Decrease: $390,500,000, -3.7%Estimated Attendance Decrease: 4.5% Edited by kayumanggi