Blankments

Tuesday Numbers - Tammy 3.4, ETE 1.7, DUFE 1.5, Jersey 744k, TLAM2 662k | Actuals on p16

Blank, it widens to some 800 screens on Friday. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!  :angry:

Actually, it's absolutely nowhere near me, so I'm a tad pissed about betting high on it for BOC

On the bright side though, Snowpiercer

This is a must read. Matt Reeves and Michael Giacchino did an AMA on Reddit today. Awesome questions and answers:  http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2aacmx/we_are_matt_reeves_and_michael_giacchino_and_were/

For example, Matt Reeves' answer about anamorphic ratios

So I wanted to shoot the film in anamorphic 2.35:1. But we couldn't do that, because of 3D. Because in 3D the lenses have to match perfectly and they are only now coming up with 3D matched lenses that will allow you to shoot 2.35:1. And the reason I wanted to shoot anamorphic, 2.35:1 was the aspect ratio but also because the depth of field is more shallow, and I think makes for a more intimate and realistic visual approach. And when it turned out that I could not shoot anamorphic, the only way to shoot with the kind of depth of field that I wanted was to shoot in 1.85:1. Because (and this is so technical) but in order to shoot super 35, which is NON-anamorphic, I would have had to have used wider lenses, which would have made for a different kind of depth of field than I wanted. So I shot 1.85:1 so I could get the kind of depth of field that I wanted.

And it would have cost more money, probably, to shoot the film in anamorphic and render the ape effects - it would have been more expensive. And actually no, because they rebuilt everything from the ground up for Ceasar to make it better. WETA sort of makes an overall deal, and tries to give you the best value they can give you, but there were 1,000 artists working on the film, and the overhead for that is basically a small village, so it works out to roughly around somewhere to $50-60,000 per 5 seconds of a shot of apes. Broadly, broadly.

• Like 2

This is a must read. Matt Reeves and Michael Giacchino did an AMA on Reddit today. Awesome questions and answers: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2aacmx/we_are_matt_reeves_and_michael_giacchino_and_were/For example, Matt Reeves' answer about anamorphic ratios

That's exactly why Bay decided to post-convert TF3 (and presumably the non-IMAX scenes of TF4). Edited by Telemachos

Also picked up Raiders of the Lost Ark on Blu-Ray today. So happy to finally have this gem in HD. Saved it to top off the night. One of my all time favorites.  :wub:

Edited by Mango
  • Like 3

Also picked up Raiders of the Lost Ark on Blu-Ray today. So happy to finally have this gem in HD. Saved it to top off the night. One of my all time favorites.  :wub:

I've heard that and Jaws looks amazing on blu-ray.

Makes me really want to buy both of them.

• Like 1