Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

Bird on the sequel:

I would want any Incredibles sequel to be the same. If I can figure out a whole story that holds up I would be happy to do it.I love the world and I love the Incredibles characters. I think the bar at Pixar is set very high with the Toy Story films. Either of the two sequels are just as good as the original.

Bird:

I would like to think that I have several good ideas that could be incorporated into a next Incredibles, but I don’t have a whole movie yet, and the last thing I want to do is do it just because it would open big, or something like that.

I think the reason it hasn’t [happened] yet is because the studio would like me to do it, if there were another Incredibles, and I’ve told them that I’m not really friendly to have someone else take away my child.

http://collider.com/brad-bird-incredibles-2-interview/122625/
  • Like 1

I want this movie probably as much as any other out. But I want Bird to take as much time with the story as possible. And by this point he's earned my trust.

MU would be a very good indication where this head as was TS3. I think Bird is taking his time with, he wants it to be perfect.
  • Like 1

I doubt we see this till close to 2020, honestly. All he's saying right now is basically that he's thought about it and I'm thinking Pixar has a lot of other projects in the pipeline that are further along than the Incredibles sequel is. Plus he's also still working on the 1906 script.

• Like 1

They could do what they did with TS3. Ten years real life = ten years in the movie.Dash is a high school senior now, with all that drama. Bob is running around the world being a super-hero in his spare time. Violet is out of college, trying to make it on her own. Helen is trying to hold together the family between its different new legs. Everyone could have very different places to explore along that same idea of a family of heroes that still has to live a regular life in between all the super-hero stuff?

• Like 1

Bird:

I haven't got it all figured out yet. I have got a lot of ideas that I originally intended to be in the first movie, and you have to start throwing things out of the balloon at a certain point to get it up in the air, but a lot of the things you throw out are really cool, and would be good in a movie, so some of those things were intended for Incredibles, and there just wasn’t the space to get them in there. I love those characters and if I could make [a film] that was to Incredibles what the Toy Story sequels were to Toy Story, I'd do it.

Why we haven't seen I2 Bird says that we have to many SH movies out. He should have released the sequel in 2008-2011, because starting in 2012+ will have 3+ SH movies a year.

http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/60238-brad-bird-discusses-future-of-the-incredibles

They could do what they did with TS3. Ten years real life = ten years in the movie.Dash is a high school senior now, with all that drama. Bob is running around the world being a super-hero in his spare time. Violet is out of college, trying to make it on her own. Helen is trying to hold together the family between its different new legs. Everyone could have very different places to explore along that same idea of a family of heroes that still has to live a regular life in between all the super-hero stuff?

A lot of potential if they go this route!

Brad Bird on 'Ghost Protocol,' '1906' and 'The Incredibles 2!'

Some people could, and I’d like to think that maybe on some level, I would hate to think that I’m being barbaric or anything, but what I’m hearing and it’s not what you’re saying, but what I’m hearing is so if someone else wanted to have your children, could they take them and do what they wanted to for a while. Would you ship them off? And I’d go no! No, um, I would love to, if I could come up with a complete idea that I felt was as sound as the first one, I would love to go back to that world because I love the characters. And I wouldn’t rule it out because it’s a world that I am very fond of. And I have some good ideas for it. I don’t have a whole movie’s worth yet. But certainly if I got it all together I would love to do it with Pixar, and I love working with Pixar, too.