iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

#5: Wall-E (2008) - 989 Points

Country of origin: USA (Pixar)
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
In the distant future, a small waste collecting robot inadvertently embarks on a space journey that will ultimately decide the fate of mankind.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Wall-E is the first film to crack the elusive Top 5. It's the 5th Pixar Power PackTM film in the Top 10, and it actually received the most votes out of any movie in the entire list, with 39 different people including it in their lists. That means only 4 people didn't have Wall-E! That also means it has the second lowest average score in the Top 10, just barely beating out Ratatouille's average by 0.008! (Both have a 25.4 average)

1st place votes received: 1
2nd place votes received: 1

IMDB trivia:
All robots in WALL·E follow the Three Laws of Robotics, originally conceived by sci-fi writer Isaac Asimov (A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm; a robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law; a robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws). Several bad bots have dilemmas in following those laws.

BOF Blurb:
Films:

The film's setting in space is a genius idea and the animation is absolutely beautiful and first class. The characters- especially walle and eve- are wonderful and are all amazing. This is a true Pixar and film classic which deserved a best picture nomination

BOF User Review:
I've rewatched this like 17 times in the last couple weeks (no joke, it's Tele Jr's new favorite movie of all time), and I'm all the more convinced that it's a brilliant movie. It's just a masterpiece of visual storytelling, so efficient and effortless at how it conveys information, ideas, character, and emotion.
-Telemachos, 2014

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 26

#4: Toy Story 3 (2010) - 1002 Points

Country of origin: USA (Pixar)
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
The toys are mistakenly delivered to a day-care center instead of the attic right before Andy leaves for college, and it's up to Woody to convince the other toys that they weren't abandoned and to return home.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Toy Story 3 is the first film to break the 1000 point barrier! It is also the highest ranking film in the Toy Story franchise, remarkably each film has increased in rank upon its predecessor. Toy Story 3 has the second fewest number of votes in the Top 10, and the second highest average, at 31.3. Toy Story 3 is also the most recent film in the Top 10, and the only one from the 2010s.

1st place votes received: 3
2nd place votes received: 2

IMDB trivia:
There are 302 characters in the film.
Ken wears 21 different outfits.

BOF Blurb:
Films:
This is the best film of all time. The animation is superb and the story is Beautiful as it contains humour, happiness and sadness. The characters are all fantastic still and the novelty (think that's the right word but not sure) value of this sequel 11 years later still feels right

BOF User Review:
Greatest animated movie of all-time! Love every second of this movie! Oh, and the end makes me cry every single time I watch it.

I would put it in my top 5 movies of all-time!

I give it an.......

A++
-Empire, 2014

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

• Like 19

I'm going to post all 3 of the Top 3 at once to eliminate the ability to predict what films come in what order based on what's revealed, does anyone know what the time limit is between making posts? Sometimes it says I'm posting too fast.

Like, 5-10 seconds.